Ryan Fraser (on loan at Southampton)

Chapo

18 minutes ago, gazza ladra said:

So Fraser apparently wasn’t dealt to Hull City.

Not sure why he has been frozen out of the side. He did very well last season, and now he’s gone.

I was looking for him in the team photo, but I don’t see him. Darlow and Shelvey are there. Read somewhere that Chris Wood at the game. It’s a bit odd and disappointing. Was hoping he would get a move if that’s what he wanted.   Any thoughts, info?

He was in the video yesterday where Ashby's meeting players in the training room. Whatevr that means. Has he had a knock?

From what I can see last time he was on bench was Leicester away. The difference in bench since then is Isak and Lewis in for Fraser and Targett (Also Wilson starting instead of Wood, who was out that game). So maybe there's just not room for an attacker now he's down the pecking order when all the others are fit.

Edited by Inferior Acuña

1 hour ago, reefatoon said:

Not a fan of him but baffled how little time he gets compared to Murphy, who is shite.

It’s not that baffling. Murphy is more athletic and is tactically really solid. It’s the zero end product that’s his issue. 

Fraser looked like he had neither. 

He doesn't add much to our current side which i s more physical and pushes other teams around, Murphy has his limitations but you can see the role he can play when he comes on which is something you can't really see Fraser doing, i thought it was in everyone's best interest if he went somewhere else in January even if its just a loan.

Guest reefatoon
18 minutes ago, St1pe said:

It’s not that baffling. Murphy is more athletic and is tactically really solid. It’s the zero end product that’s his issue. 

Fraser looked like he had neither. 

Which isn’t great for one of your attacking front three.

• 3 weeks later...

Wonder what happened in January. Think it was Hull he was linked with late in the day, wasn't it? Strange that nothing materialised; he's clearly got the versatility and stamina to be of use to someone in the Championship. 

If there's been a fall out of some description then it makes sense to remove him from the first team squad. Howe obviously places a lot on a harmonious dressing room.

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

Tbf, I've never really understood why he's always, always behind Jacob Murphy in the pecking order. He's lost a yard of pace and I know Murphy's a bit of a cheerleader, but Fraser's a much better player. 

Whenever I’ve watched Fraser, it doesn’t seem like he has the physical capability to play at any decent level, never mind the way we try and play.

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

Tbf, I've never really understood why he's always, always behind Jacob Murphy in the pecking order. He's lost a yard of pace and I know Murphy's a bit of a cheerleader, but Fraser's a much better player. 

Every possibility he's a bit of a bad apple. 

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Think Murphy's improved quite a bit as that off-the-bench option tbh. We know he can hassle and press and the shithousery goes without saying, but I think he's contributed on the ball too; the Fulham win being the stand-out. Think it was the Southampton first leg which I can remember him standing-out in as well. Deffo 'playing for his future' vibes, and has a brilliant attitude too.

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Whenever I’ve watched Fraser, it doesn’t seem like he has the physical capability to play at any decent level, never mind the way we try and play.

Don't see how you'd see he can't play at any level like, that's mad. Even then, less so than Murphy? I thought he looked okay at the back end of last season tbh. Pressed well, scored and assisted at both RW and LW. 

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Don't see how you'd see he can't play at any level like, that's mad. Even then, less so than Murphy? I thought he looked okay at the back end of last season tbh. Pressed well, scored and assisted at both RW and LW. 

I mean decent level for us (he could do a job in the championship). And I’m not saying he’s worse than Murphy either, he’s also championship level.

I think the big reason it's Murphy over him is simply due to the way we play and our high press, Murphy offers much more in that defensive side of the game and is a like for like replacement in terms of energy for Miggy, even if his end product is noticeably worse and I doubt Fraser could do anything close to that, his game is naturally suited to a slower counter attacking play style.

15 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I've seen Murphy have a really good 20 or so minutes vs a tired Ashley Young vs Villa and against 10 men Fulham, and that's it.

Think that's a bit harsh. I've always been a pretty big critic of Murphy but he's made a lot of positive contributions off the bench thud season imo. Even going back to the Wolves game in August, his pace in behind ultimately led to the opportunity for Maxi to ping that thunderbastard in.

19 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

Wish Hope would just sit on these fucking stories for a week.

literally not the week to be throwing out this stuff. It’s time to Galvanize the fucking reader base of the north east.