Jamal Lewis (on loan at Watford)

joeyt

Ive said it the last 2 games his throw ins are thrown to the opposition.

First goal tonight came from his throw in. He had another throw in in the 2nd half that led to their disallowed goal.

This is all basic ..Throw the ball to a player wearing the same jersey as you or dont take them at all

First goal tonight came from his throw in. He had another throw in in the 2nd half that led to their disallowed goal.

This is all basic ..Throw the ball to a player wearing the same jersey as you or dont take them at all

I said it ages ago that his throw ins are hilarious.  I mean, a professional footballer who can't take a throw in.

It’s not just him - our whole team clearly have no instructions or routines. Outrageous the way we turn the ball over at throw-ins.

Didn’t Bruce criticise Sean Longstaff for taking a quick throw earlier this season? Meaning that dithering, waiting for teammates to be marked and turning the ball over is... by design?

He showed a couple of glimpses last night that suggest there's a decent player in there - a couple of sharp turns, some good runs and positions taken up.

I didn't know anything about him before he joined so i've just thought we've bought a pup up to now, but he's clearly just been Bruced.....badly. Poor fucker!

Am I the only person here who doesn't hate him? I think there is definitely a player there, just a shit situation to be in, he's been thrown to the wolves. I'd like to see him under a diff manager

I think he looks crap.  But then again, so do most of our players at the minute.  So quite a lot of the ones who have previously shown some ability get a free pass.  As do the new signings, on the whole.  Hendrick looks dreadful, mind. 

Shelvey, Carroll and Joelinton are the only ones where I do understand the regular criticism.

Am I the only person here who doesn't hate him? I think there is definitely a player there, just a s*** situation to be in, he's been thrown to the wolves. I'd like to see him under a diff manager

Yea, I’m with you on this. He’s got promise, just needs the right coaching.

Am I the only person here who doesn't hate him? I think there is definitely a player there, just a shit situation to be in, he's been thrown to the wolves. I'd like to see him under a diff manager

i dont hate any of our our players apart from shelvey.

i really dislike joelinton for his lack of effort but dont hate him

i dont even dislike hendrick - he's just a nothing player.

Nah I think he's a lot better than what he's shown so far. A "modern" full-back is probably the most complex position on the field to get a grips of; a lot is expected positionally in attack and defence but he's been hung out to dry by our archaic /clueless coaching methods and drills.

Err, no it didn't?

Same. He’s been poor but I reckon new management could do something for him. He’s the sort of profile of full-back we’ve been crying out for for years. Just needs to start performing.

He went to the other side of the pitch to take a throw in? :lol: Wasn't it Hayden with the throw in?

Just remember Murphy being the one to not control it and losing the ball though. He's at fault for the goal, not so much Lewis.

Yep.  Let's evaluate after a year (or less) under Rafa.  I think we'd see a player that played with confidence because he's been coached up. 

Trouble is some of our players don't seem like they want to show themselves to receive the throw in. They have a bit of space then turn their back like saying don't give it to me

There were times yesterday that Almiron busted his gut to make space, and he wouldn't throw to him.

On that Spurs documentary , theres was an episode, thimk it was when Norwich knocked Spurs out of the Cup on pens when Dier went mad afterwards

Showed a few clips of the game and Lewis was shown and he looked decent albeit from a few short clips

Theres definately a good player in there.

People often dont seem to realise the influence a poor manager can have on individual performance, whether its football, sales, admin or whatever.

Weve never really seen Lewis playing well as our only benchmark has been his performances this season.

Theres definately a good player in there.

People often dont seem to realise the influence a poor manager can have on individual performance, whether its football, sales, admin or whatever.

Weve never really seen Lewis playing well as our only benchmark has been his performances this season.

I can think of a former manager (and hopefully a not so distant future one!) who would make a right player out of him!