Jamal Lewis (on loan at Watford)

joeyt

Much better than Ritchie but seems to struggle with his bearings when receiving the ball.

Have to admit haven’t seen much of him previously, but he has an uncanny knack of turning back to his face his own goal and back into the opposition player.

Apart from that no complaints holds his position far better defensively.

1 hour ago, JonBez comesock said:

I still don’t rate him , but in a good tackle but that’s about it 

always looks to go backwards 

Ritchie does more work and crosses a better ball, however I don’t think either are good enough for a team looking to stay in the premier league 

Left back is a priority for me 

Agree with this 👌 

Looked better defensively than last time in the team.

Still clueless going forward, like a deer in the headlights when he gets the ball. He just stops, does a little leg feint that achieves nothing and then passes it sideways.

1 minute ago, Aiston said:

Looked better defensively than last time in the team.

Still clueless going forward, like a deer in the headlights when he gets the ball. He just stops, does a little leg feint that achieves nothing and then passes it sideways.

Wasn't too much in front of him missing a player in midfield but tbh we need a solid defender first and I've not seen that in him so far until tonight. Yes he's got along way to go but there is a spark there. 

Considering the other creative players we have, I'm much happier having Lewis in the team for what appears to be improved defence from the last time I saw him, than Ritchie for his productivity in the final third. 

1 minute ago, Palestoon said:

funny, when we signed him, the narrative was that he was rapid, and good overlapping but very questionable defensively. hes been the opposite. solid defensively, but pretty clueless going forward

Literally in one game :lol:

Let's not rewrite how shit he was last season when he got dropped for Ritchie.

Just now, CFlan said:

It helped that he was up against Sargent who looked like a competition winner out there. 

TBF, he nullified Aarons and all. Willock was tucking in as we were a man down and so wasn’t really helping with that overlap until it was too late.  When Aarons got crosses in, it was rarely Lewis’ fault and he never really got beat down the line. 

He looks really nervous and unsure going forward, the same as the last time he was in the team. But hard to judge tonight as we were down to ten for so long. 

Overall, I thought he was really good and has to play ahead of Ritchie based on that. 

1 hour ago, CFlan said:

It helped that he was up against Sargent who looked like a competition winner out there. 

I feel like he wasn't always that fucking shit but he's been dogshit every time I watch him this season.

6 minutes ago, Mike said:

I feel like he wasn't always that fucking shit but he's been dogshit every time I watch him this season.

It was the first time I’ve ever seen or heard of him. Had know idea he was one of your lot, presumed he was Scottish. 

Probably the first time I’ve paid any attention to him, he looks very raw, but with some good attributes. He has one thing Ritchie doesn’t, pace, that in itself is massive. Give him a run, work on his game, let’s see what we paid for…