Jamal Lewis (on loan at Watford)

joeyt

He annoys me , he has all the attributes to be a good player but there is something missing 

Always looks for the backwards pass and throw in.

Only goes forward if he is forced into it 

Put in some nice meaty challenges but he switches off too much for a left back 

We need a new left sided defender , I think manquillo is better than him , which says it all !! 

1 hour ago, HTT II said:

Probably the first time I’ve paid any attention to him, he looks very raw, but with some good attributes. He has one thing Ritchie doesn’t, pace, that in itself is massive. Give him a run, work on his game, let’s see what we paid for…

My thoughts exactly. 

Guest reefatoon

I thought he played really well yesterday. A massive improvement on what we have been playing. There was a chance for Norwich in the first half where the ball went right across and he got himself in the way to block it. That would have been a guaranteed goal with Ritchie in, as he always leaves his runner. Think he can be a decent player for us with a bit of a run and some confidence.

At Norwich he spent most of his time in the opponent's half going forward. Under Bruce he never got over the half way line so quite a big transition for him. Thought he did well last night and maybe he'll be better with Howes style when it gets going

10 hours ago, gazza ladra said:

relegation striker. Bremen. Norwich. No way US qualifies for the world cup if they are depending on him for goals. altidore was more reliable.

We’re not, fortunately. :lol:

Joining Norwich put him on a hiding to nothing, particularly as he gets shunted out wide for them. 

Was quite pleasantly surprised at how well he defended. He'll probably get skinned in the next game and we'll be back to calling him, but has to be a better option than Ritchie, just for his pace if nothing else. 

39 minutes ago, Consortium of one said:

I remember him saying he was always encouraged to bomb forward when he was at Norwich.  Bruce coached that out of him apparently.

Bruce coached healthy eating out of the squad never mind the rest...

19 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

Really do not get why we were playing Ritchie there. Ritchie's been worse than Lewis was to get dropped.

Because Ritchie sets up loads of our chances. Not that I disagree with you, but surely he's just there for his creation?

8 hours ago, xLiaaamx said:

Really do not get why we were playing Ritchie there. Ritchie's been worse than Lewis was to get dropped.

He wasn't really, Ritchie still offered something going forwards, was in very good form when he replaced Lewis.

While Lewis was just as bad defensively and offered nothing going forward at all.

No need to revise history on him because he played ok vs Norwich.

13 hours ago, Tomato Deuce said:

We’re not, fortunately. :lol:

Joining Norwich put him on a hiding to nothing, particularly as he gets shunted out wide for them. 

Bremen to Norwich, as you say, was a spectacularly dumb move for him. He needs a season in second tier, playing as a striker (not quick or technical enough to be out wide). 

As for Lewis. Sure, he was woeful to begin with, but who outside of Maxi and Wilson really excelled in our team under Bruce? The other night he spent large periods against Max Aarons on his own and didn't get made to look daft. 

Put him in.

Ritchie did do well towards the end of last season, he was solid enough and he clearly had an affect on the team by driving them

This season however he's been horrific, ultimately he's not a left back. His legs have well and truly gone, don't think he even offers anything in a more advanced role

Lewis has to play from now onwards, though a LB in January would do nicely