Jamal Lewis (on loan at Watford)

joeyt

Only his 2nd game back. His physical attributes i.e. pace and stamina are everything a modern full back needs.

I have high hopes that Eddie can turn him in to a top full back and wouldn't rush to sign a left back if Dummett finds fitness.

We're not going to go from relegation battlers to top 6 in the space of a year. I hope Lewis, Anderson etc get given a good chance to show they're worthy of being kept on as part of our long rebuild.

If there is a good player in any position, available in January, we should be looking to sign them. No player in our squad should feel completely safe.

Whether left back is a priority will depend on how Lewis performs between now and January.

On 06/12/2021 at 18:54, STM said:

If there is a good player in any position, available in January, we should be looking to sign them. No player in our squad should feel completely safe.

Whether left back is a priority will depend on how Lewis performs between now and January.

He might be brilliant and might get injured on 1st Feb. We don't want to revert to Ritchie, and Dummett will impact the gameplan, so I'd say we definitely need another LB.

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, Conjo said:

He's the worst player in our squad by a comfortable margin.

Edit: Dummett that is.

Not if he, Dummett that is, plays as left of a centre back 3. 

That's part of the problem.,  we have too many niche posituon players.

I think he has been pretty solid, if unspectacular since coming back in.  Certainly a better option than Ritchie.  But I thought he was getting torn apart by Salah last night.  I mean, who doesn't, TBF?!  Ritchie came on and Salah had more space to operate in behind.  But he was also on the receiving end of a few sly digs from the angry Gordon Ramsay lookalike and I thought for once, Ritchie actually grew into the game a bit and wasn't as bad defensively, as usual.  Second half we seemed to close that space down a lot better and they weren't destroying us down our left side every time they went forward.  

Still, if he is playing in a back 4 for the foreseeable.  Then I reckon we'll be in even more shit than we are currently. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 17/12/2021 at 00:07, Conjo said:

He's the worst player in our squad by a comfortable margin.

Edit: Dummett that is.

He just isn't though. Hendrick, Clark and Krafth have him beaten comfortably

4 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

'Edging closer' to fitness according to Howe. Hopefully he can pick up where he left off and soon, give us that real balance at the back assuming we don't get a LB. 

I really hope we don't try and make do with Lewis, he has done well under Howe, but there's a lot of pressure in a relegation scrap, we need every defender to be 100% reliable. We need a top class LB. 

Edited by TRon