Jamal Lewis (on loan at Watford)

joeyt

39 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I know he’s had injury lay-offs so I’d cut him slack on that front but I basically stopped watching our games during the Bruce era. Did he ever show much quality before his long injury lay-off?

He did a really good assist to Wilson away to Everton a few seasons ago. That's it.

He looked really out of his depth yesterday and flat out of confidence. He cut back and played a negative short pass several times that killed the momentum up that wing. It's such a shame as he was one of the players I was most excited about seeing what Howe could get out of him. We'll do well to get a couple of million for him. I could see him becoming the new Saivet where he just keeps getting loaned out on subsidised wages as no one will buy him.

3 minutes ago, Geordie_once_removed said:

He looked really out of his depth yesterday and flat out of confidence. He cut back and played a negative short pass several times that killed the momentum up that wing. It's such a shame as he was one of the players I was most excited about seeing what Howe could get out of him. We'll do well to get a couple of million for him. I could see him becoming the new Saivet where he just keeps getting loaned out on subsidised wages as no one will buy him.

Yup. Even when we signed him I thought this was a good move. I preferred Aarons at the time, but still saw a lot of potential in him. Not sure it's all down to us. Think the redemption of other players shows they have more in them than he does. Even Murphy bounced back for a while and made himself useful.

9 hours ago, Geordie_once_removed said:

How long is lefty on his contract here? I can see a championship club signing him

It's so weird to see him play. His pace, first touch, passing and basic technique looks fairly decent. He looks like he should be much better than he is which leads me to believe it's at least partly a mental hurdle he needs to overcome. He should be able to get past a player, but he never tries. He should be able to pass the ball forward, but he always halts play and plays the simple back pass to Botman. He should be able to overlap and get a cross in, but he just jogs up towards the left wing and stands there without trying to make something happen.

A move to a championship club is probably the best for all parties. He gets a clean slate and we can look for a new starting LB with Targett/Burn as back-up.

2 minutes ago, Collage said:

Really believed in him when he signed but hasn’t showed anything, really.

For me he’s too physically weak as a LB add a number of years under Bruce, coupled with injuries, meaning he’s a lost cause 

He has basically appeared 3 times this season, 6 times last season probably mostly as a sub.

last time he had a decent run in a first team was 2020.

clearly he isn’t going to make it here, however that lack of actual games at a higher intensity means he is going to struggle in those FA Cup games.

id still back him at the right Championship team but he must now choose between games or a career dive post 2025.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Murphy was lost and put in the cold for many years, but this lad so I'm reluctant to write him off completely, especially as I thought he'd be the one Howe would get going again. 

Shame.

£15m :lol:

What a rancid signing he turned out to be.

No chance anyone will want him, probably stuck until his contract runs out.

Edited by Aiston