Jamal Lewis (on loan at Watford)

joeyt

Guest neesy111

He'll be alright. Liverpool will give us our money back for him when we go down.

They've got that greek lad as backup to robertson.

He does love a pass backwards. Starts moving forwards, always seems to then stop and play it back.

I have noticed that too however in his defence, a fair percentage of the time he has no one in front of him in any sort of useful position.

Manquillo is the worst for taking the ball forward only to play it backwards IMO.

One of those players who, if he just had some self belief he would play much better. He's faster than he lets on but nearly everything he does is timid.

Perhaps a bit like what Murphy was like in his first season here. Just needs some time to grow as a person and and as a player I guess. Potential is evident.

He gets caught narrow quite a lot and is obviously is better at going forward than he is defending even though he did alright yesterday. Needs help defensively, Brighton exposed him when he was left on his own. But I think he's got bags of potential. Would've been brilliant in Rafa's 3-4-3 in the back end of 18-19.

What a ball that is to Fraser leading up to the second goal by the way.

If that’s another left-back on our books, I’m thinking the 5 yard pass back to Hendrick is what we’d see.

Truth, Paul Dummett has never attempted that pass in his life :thup:

He actually has a pretty impressive cross on him - generally hits it with pace and and lower trajectory too. Still too timid for my liking. But if we have some proper coaching for him and a better senior player ahead of him to compete with then he’s a good one for the future. Can’t help but think how he’d do with Jetro showing him how it’s done.

To be fair, that ball in behind down the line is one of the few things Dummett can do quite well from left back.

Dummett’s are more of a floated ball high down the line which makes it hard for the winger to bring under control. Noticed it loads of times where the winger’s trying to bring it down from over his head. That ball yesterday was perfect.

I think he's got potential, but he does tend to find himself turning into trouble and rushed into misplaced passes too much. I think that's due to how we play though, we sit back and that means defenders are getting pressed constantly when they are on the ball. One of the reasons why we struggle in possession so much.