Callum Wilson: sidelined for up to 12 weeks with pectoral injury (Hope)

Strawberry

10 goals and 5 assists this season? I’m sure they said against Everton he already had 4 assists.

His all round game is better than I expected. Pretty strong, deceptively quick and has some good shithouse tendencies that you want to see from your striker.

Brilliant player and so lucky to have him.

10 goals and 5 assists this season? I’m sure they said against Everton he already had 4 assists.

His all round game is better than I expected. Pretty strong, deceptively quick and has some good shithouse tendencies that you want to see from your striker.

Brilliant player and so lucky to have him.

I said exactly this after Saturday.

God knows what the plan ( :lol:) was if he'd opted for Villa rather than us but I'm fairly certain we'd be battling with Sheff Utd for bottom!

He's currently on 10 goals, if he gets 17 by the end of the season he'll be our most prolific striker in the PL since Shearer in 2003-04.

Post Shearer PL top scorers (i.e. Starting 06/07):

Martins (11)

Owen (11)

Owen/Martins (8)

Nolan (12)

Ba (16)

Ba (13) (and he left in Jan)

Remy (14)

Cissé (11)

Wijnaldum (11)

Ayoze (8)

Ayoze (12)

Shelvey (6)

If he misses more than 4-5 games. We are really going to struggle. I hope he felt it tighten and he went off as a precaution. Although knowing Bruce, if he could have played on. He would have sent him back out there until his leg fell off.

Whilst he's injured, would anyone be tempted to just go Saint-Maximin---Almiron---Fraser? I think the other 3 striker options we have would detract from this system we're playing.

That sort of approach works for teams like Man City, Liverpool, but we really need a focal point forward that allows those three to play from. Don't really see ASM - Almiron - Fraser working out. Need someone to run channels, and even when not going route one Bruceball, a team like us does need someone up there you can play up to direct. 

Would rather see those three all play off Joe if we put have Hayden and Willock in midfield.

Chelsea and Man U next, so should be interesting to see Jones' influence. If Bruce has his way we'll roll over and camp from outset, you'd think from what we've heard about Jones he'd set us up to go toe-to-toe.

Whilst he's injured, would anyone be tempted to just go Saint-Maximin---Almiron---Fraser? I think the other 3 striker options we have would detract from this system we're playing.

oooh, three false 9's you say?

oooh, three false 9's you say?

Add Willock in the false 10 position and it could work.

That sort of approach works for teams like Man City, Liverpool, but we really need a focal point forward that allows those three to play from. Don't really see ASM - Almiron - Fraser working out. Need someone to run channels, and even when not going route one Bruceball, a team like us does need someone up there you can play up to direct. 

Would rather see those three all play off Joe if we put have Hayden and Willock in midfield.

Chelsea and Man U next, so should be interesting to see Jones' influence. If Bruce has his way we'll roll over and camp from outset, you'd think from what we've heard about Jones he'd set us up to go toe-to-toe.

You're probably right. I'd still give it a shot tbh as I don't really see the other 3 working as much of a focal point either, as you suggest we need for this system to function. Maybe Joelinton as it's pretty much the role he played feeding Kramaric at Hoffenheim but the guy has no confidence left.

You're probably right. I'd still give it a shot tbh as I don't really see the other 3 working as much of a focal point either, as you suggest we need for this system to function. Maybe Joelinton as it's pretty much the role he played feeding Kramaric at Hoffenheim but the guy has no confidence left.

Today was first time Joe's featured since we've changed tact and actually bothered getting men forward and attacking and not just being wet blankets and retreating to our own box from kick off.

He can't play up top on his own without men running off him and supporting him, and he can't play wide when we sit off teams. I'm the opinion that he's a total donkey, but from looking at what we've got I'd say he's the best option to stick up top to keep the 'momentum' we've seen of getting bodies forward.

Man U and Chelsea next games aren't games we're likely to see that consistency in system and approach though. Even if we do still try and attack them, we'll have to naturally sit off them and change what we do.

May not be worst thing - right those two games off, if we get anything out of them it's a bonus - by which time Wilson hopefully back for Wolves home

Wilson potentially the best because he's the only one likely to stick around long enough, just then your hoping he can keep scoring.

Would have loved to see how Remy would have turned out should he have signed for us that summer 2013, or even in the January instead of going to QPR. Despite being quality, never got impression his heart was in the season he was on loan, and probably rings true as he ended up at Chelsea.

Demba Ba surely had the greatest potential to be a legend since Shearer, 29 goals in 54, but only a season and half. Remember loads of talk from his agent behind scenes, back then it was obvious he was after a pay cheque move, even more obvious now looking at him touring China and Turkey since Chelsea. Wish we could have kept Ba! Was livid at the club back then for letting him go, same with Debuchy and Cabaye.

1) Ba

2) Remy

3) Wilson

give it a year and hopefully by end of 21/22 Wilson without question.