Callum Wilson: sidelined for up to 12 weeks with pectoral injury (Hope)

Strawberry

Where would we rank him amongst Ba and Remy?

Better than Loic for me, better attitude and more likeable. Seems to enjoy himself. Demba on top, of course.

Remy was such a weird player. Had so much ability but just seems to have been forgotten as a PL player, not even sure if he achieved that much in France considering how highly regarded he was at one point. I never really trusted him after he turned us down to go to QPR, and think that will always colour my view of him. Just seemed to lack any real ambition.

Nobody has mentioned playing Cisse off the right, with Hatem on the bench, and getting Willo to loft it forward as aimlessly as he can?

:pardsgrin:

We deserve a Klopp/Pep like era. Allardyce, JFK, Roeder, Pardew, Bruce etc, we're overdue  :mike:

Better than Loic for me, better attitude and more likeable. Seems to enjoy himself. Demba on top, of course.

Remy was such a weird player. Had so much ability but just seems to have been forgotten as a PL player, not even sure if he achieved that much in France considering how highly regarded he was at one point. I never really trusted him after he turned us down to go to QPR, and think that will always colour my view of him. Just seemed to lack any real ambition.

So weird he chose QPR given he genuinely had a team full of French lads who could help him settle, not saying they would have all been mates mind you. Feel like I read they heavily recruited him too. He probably was sold the same pitch - sign for QPR or Newcastle with the view that you will leave within a year or two to a bigger club. So he chose the money and London over Newcastle.

So weird he chose QPR given he genuinely had a team full of French lads who could help him settle, not saying they would have all been mates mind you. Feel like I read they heavily recruited him too. He probably was sold the same pitch - sign for QPR or Newcastle with the view that you will leave within a year or two to a bigger club. So he chose the money and London over Newcastle.

Me & my son were talking about this yesterday. I definitely recall reading, at the time, that he'd agreed to join us. Redknapp then went to France to try and change his mind and get him to sign for QPR. He was, apparently, offered 10k, 20k, then 30k more, all of which he declined, before being offered double what we were offering him, supposedly 80k, and a get out of jail free card, free to leave if they got relegated.

Didn't really follow his career once he left England, but doesn't seem to have pulled up any trees. He was unlucky as far as the national team I suppose, in that they had outstanding strikers for France so he never really got much of a look in.

Not that big a blow as we have nothing left to play for really but it’s just a shame this happened just as we actually started pressing up the pitch, looking good to watch and scoring goals.

Also a shame it will be big joe coming in, surely it has to be Gayle though if we want to keep up this new way of playing. If it is Joelinton strolling about I feel we will just revert back to type.