Callum Wilson: sidelined for up to 12 weeks with pectoral injury (Hope)

Strawberry

4 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Can’t even get this right, what a club man.

To be fair, there's always a chance squad numbers can change right up to the start of the season. Anybody buying a shirt now runs that risk. 

47 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

To be fair, there's always a chance squad numbers can change right up to the start of the season. Anybody buying a shirt now runs that risk. 

Oh aye, 100% agree, but when it’s a new manufacturer and they’ve probably seen a week of people getting Wilson 13, was bad timing. They probably knew this was happening when they returned to training.

7 hours ago, BennyBlanco said:

He’s took 7.

ya know, Andy Carroll’s number. The same Andy Carroll that we haven’t even announced has left the club yet😂

:lol: It’s all good!

Wilson can fuck off with that interview btw.

I’ve never cared so little about a new season.

Guest reefatoon

As soon as I saw this thread at the top, I knew it would be an injury. Great player but made of glass. Not having any kind of replacement too is so Newcastle.

Isn't serious Lee said after and pre-seasons are "just a work-out" (most years we get rocky results, 4-0 Braga and 5-1 Boro 2nd team come to mind) but it's getting closer to the season. We need Jones back, I haven't seen pics of him - he's our last hope

Just read the whole thing, Jones is a lot more more tactically focused and made a huge difference, Howe is the best he has ever worked with and Bruce is a nice fella that made him laugh.

“I think Graeme Jones coming in as a coach (in January), definitely complemented the manager because he’s a little bit more tactically aware and up to date, whereas the manager has his different strengths and attributes. When you see the results towards the back end of the season and the way we were in games, we had more of a style and philosophy. That will happen from the start of the season with a good coach around to help out the previous coaches''

Damning.

If Bruce's only strength is man management and fostering camerarderie, what good is he when he's going around the training ground elbowing senior players and - if numerous reports last year were to be believed - getting on everyone's nerves/losing the squad's faith? 

19 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

If Bruce's only strength is man management and fostering camerarderie, what good is he when he's going around the training ground elbowing senior players and - if numerous reports last year were to be believed - getting on everyone's nerves/losing the squad's faith? 

TBF Ritchie called him a coward in front of the whole squad and got rewarded with an extended run in the team

Also I didn't realise Wilson has the most assists as well from last season? 5 assists, ASM 2nd with 4. 5 assists from our 26 makes up 19.2%. Without Wilson (and Willock; his 8 goals from our 44 total gives us 18.2%, Wilson's 12 gets us 27.3%) we're impotent.

And to think we're "adequate" up front :lol: