Callum Wilson: sidelined for up to 12 weeks with pectoral injury (Hope)

Strawberry

Would love to have seen him in Chase Bar back in the day. Handsome bastard would have been cleaning up.

would have made a great wingman too. so unselfish - think he's got the most assists this season as well.

Proved me laughably wrong when I said I didn't rate the signing. Really good all-round striker.

Yeah, I was pessimistic too tbh. This is only the second time he’s hit double figures in the PL.

He’s been great though. I like him a lot.

Proper centre-forwards display today - echoes of Shearer in his pomp.. 👍 Held the ball up, bullied his markers, ran his socks off and two great finishes. We should now play to his strengths - no reason not to.

got a naughty streak like shearer too.

Just seen the photo of Wilson’s heatmap from yesterday. After months of being stuck up top alone or with a donkey for support, it speaks volumes about how he adapted to the new role so quickly and incredibly effectively, almost like good players thrive on good coaching.

Proved me laughably wrong when I said I didn't rate the signing. Really good all-round striker.

Yeah, I was pessimistic too tbh. This is only the second time he’s hit double figures in the PL.

He’s been great though. I like him a lot.

Crazy that he has scored 10 goals, I know some have been pens but still.

Makes you wonder how many he would score in a team that plays to his strengths, like we did yesterday.

Personally I'd rather have him than Cisse, Ba, Remy, Rondon.

His game in general play is better than all of those. Maybe equal to Rondon, but quicker and scores more goals when fit.

And that's coming from one who really really liked all of those.

He seems to set himself a very high standard, both in regards to personal stats and contribution to the team. If he manages to hit 15 goals this season it would be some achievement.

He's on 11 with a lot of games left

10 currently with 17 games to go. Slightly better than one in two so far so all signs point to him getting it. Without those pens he's roughly 1 in 3 so 5 more in 17 would be decent enough imo.

Not that many 15 goal+ strikers in the league anymore, you're lucky if 8-10 players reach it in a season.

Personally I'd rather have him than Cisse, Ba, Remy, Rondon.

His game in general play is better than all of those. Maybe equal to Rondon, but quicker and scores more goals when fit.

And that's coming from one who really really liked all of those.

Having him and Rondon would've made for two fantastic options. Then Perez, Almiron, Fraser and ASM. :lol:  Ah, imagine having a squad.