Callum Wilson: back in full training

Strawberry

It's probably a discussion that's been had, but what would we expect to receive as a fee for Joelinton? I have this figure of £5m in my mind and can't really see why anyone would pay more? Is that harsh in today's market? Could we reasonably ask for more than £10m?

Honestly, I don't think anyone would buy him as things stand.

It would have to be season long loans initially, and then the fee will have to be negotiated if he does well somewhere and they want to keep him.

Aye, was just about to say that. Loan to a top 3-5 Eredivisie club, he could probably rack up a few goals and maybe they'll give us £5-10m. It's really a rank situation, he has very few attractive qualities as a footballer. You can't even market him as a physical forward. He's weak as fuck. Wonder what wages he's on.

It's probably a discussion that's been had, but what would we expect to receive as a fee for Joelinton? I have this figure of £5m in my mind and can't really see why anyone would pay more? Is that harsh in today's market? Could we reasonably ask for more than £10m?

I think 5m is too much based on what he has shown. I would say 2/3m or maybe a 1m loan fee with a option to buy for around 8m if he does well at a club on loan.

I agree KaKa[/member] but this is Ashley's NUFC where been shit at your job is irrelevant and no way will Ashley want to take a huge loss on him. I reckon he wil be getting plenty of appearances here next season as well.

Gayle behind a three of Fraser, Almiron and ASM will provide him with enough chances to make him a worthwhile starter imo. He's nowhere near as good as Wilson in terms of finishing, liable to miss chances and is poor off the ball but he's capable getting goals in a team that creates. He's a downgrade but he's not a terrible option imo.

Carroll could probably fill in if needed. He can still be a presence and he did fairly well in his last few appearances. Not sure he'd fit into this new system though.

Joelinton is a complete waste of time. There's no point in going back to using him as our main striker as he offers absolutely nothing. Last resort.

Gayle behind a three of Fraser, Almiron and ASM will provide him with enough chances to make him a worthwhile starter imo. He's nowhere near as good as Wilson in terms of finishing, liable to miss chances and is poor off the ball but he's capable getting goals in a team that creates. He's a downgrade but he's not a terrible option imo.

Carroll could probably fill in if needed. He can still be a presence and he did fairly well in his last few appearances. Not sure he'd fit into this new system though.

Joelinton is a complete waste of time. There's no point in going back to using him as our main striker as he offers absolutely nothing. Last resort.

You're probably right, however, the season is pretty much done now and it looks like we'll be safe. Might as well throw Joe in and give him a final chance in the lead up to summer, and at the very least get his name out there for prospective teams after the season.

The way we are lined up at the minute ASM and Miggy will get goals too and so there isn't as much pressure for him to score as there was in his early days here and in any setup we've typically had prior to Jones coming in.

Carroll shouldn't be anywhere near a football pitch man. Would have a one legged Joelinton in the team ahead of him.

Joelinton shouldn't be anywhere near a football pitch man.  Would have a one legged Carroll in the team ahead of him.

Would go with Gayle as well, if only because in Wilson's absence, he's the only one capable of making goal scoring runs. Joelinton would be next choice, Carroll last. He can barely move these days.

Carroll shouldn't be anywhere near a football pitch man. Would have a one legged Joelinton in the team ahead of him.

Carroll was more of a fret against Arsenal and Villa than Joelinton has been in any of the 60 or so games he's played for us. Obviously both are nowhere near good enough but at least Carroll could win a header or two I guess.

Carroll’s a lumbering buffoon and encourages long ball tactics. I’d prefer Gayle or Joelinton as a starter.

I mean that much should be blindingly obvious. We've just gone to playing a more pressing game with more players pushing up, how would you do that with Carroll? It was bad enough when he had Wilson playing off him, can you imagine if he was the lone striker?

joelinton vs gayle vs carroll.

simple really.

will it be who's the pacier of the three?

who's the best finisher?

and who's more likely to make a run down the channels or between defenders?

or will it be who cost the most?

who can defend corners the best?

or who can the ball be lumped up to the best?

Well this is a mess ...

I guess if Joe is ever to make anything of himself here this is going to be his last chance, with him getting a run in this new setup.

If he looks bad with us lined up the way we have recently then that will all be down to him, as the setup should put him in the best position to be more productive.

I agree but he doesn’t even have the application or desire to do well

Well it's going to be his last chance really and it's all down to him.

Everyone has looked better in the recent setup and particularly the players further up the pitch, and so he just has to produce much better performances.

If he doesn't then it will be 100% clear that he has to be moved on once the season is up.

Why are you even contemplating this?  One more chance? You simply have to be kidding........

I'd play ASM, Almiron, Fraser front 3 and no striker, drop another body in mid then just counter attack with pace. It's about all we can do for our really tough games anyway.

That’s very possibly a worse idea than playing Jo centre forward. Can’t see how it could possibly work.

If we’re going to stick with the same formation. No chance Carroll plays. Gayle could maybe do a job. I can’t see Fraser working, at all. Wilson would still tuck in and offer himself as a bit of a target from dead ball situations and the long punts from the back. I can’t imagine is trying the continental tactics of playing with no recognised striker :lol: we’d need to play a bit of football first and we’ve hardly done that this season.