Callum Wilson: sidelined for up to 12 weeks with pectoral injury (Hope)

Strawberry

Don't understand players who choose us at the moment, as we have zero ambition. It can't be about wages as they'll get those elsewhere.

Baffling as to why they join a team who's sole aim is mediocrity.

We are still a big draw because of the zombies until they turn against them .

Dare I say it but are we making these very un-Ashley signings which will have no resale value because Ashley is confident he won't be here in a year or two?

I'd see it as more of an insurance policy similar to Andy Carroll. £20m is a lot more expensive obviously, but goals are worth their weight in gold if they keep you in the Premier. Ashley is probably belatedly realising what a twat he was for not paying £16m for Rondon.

How much does a goal weigh?

Guest neesy111

Amazing how much money Ashley has given to 2 utter shite managers like McClaren and Bruce and then was tightfisted cunt with Benitez.

Dare I say it but are we making these very un-Ashley signings which will have no resale value because Ashley is confident he won't be here in a year or two?

It's an absolutely massive change in tack, that's for sure. It's either for the reason you've stated or simply because he has categorically lost interest altogether and couldn't give a solitary fuck any more. Doubt it's anything to do with the Joelinton thing; it's not as if that transfer was based on footballing motives.

Amazing how much money Ashley has given to 2 utter shite managers like McClaren and Bruce and then was tightfisted cunt with Benitez.

The club was still paying for its relegation, if rafa was here now (minus the history between both) he’d have the same money available. I do think policy has changed though, maybe Rafas want for established players has been taken on board but Ashley was too stubborn to change while he was here.

Money spent on attackers:

Under Benitez: £49m on 7 players.

Under Bruce: £80m on 4 players.

Farcical.

The club was still paying for its relegation, if rafa was here now (minus the history between both) he’d have the same money available. I do think policy has changed though, maybe Rafas want for established players has been taken on board but Ashley was too stubborn to change while he was here.

Nah, It's all out of spite, he didn't like being called out by Rafa. Rafa would have been sacked if he hadn't been so popular with the fans.

It's an absolutely massive change in tack, that's for sure. It's either for the reason you've stated or simply because he has categorically lost interest altogether and couldn't give a solitary fuck any more. Doubt it's anything to do with the Joelinton thing; it's not as if that transfer was based on footballing motives.

You're watching too many Steve Bruce pressers.

Nah, in seriousness, I think Ashley not giving a fuck anymore still wouldn't mean he just allows Bruce and the Steve Mensa Meeting to have carte blanche. It's a business asset of his and he'll want it ran lean and efficient and making money where possible.

I'm hoping he's ratifying these signings as they'll likely keep us up, pootling along in lower mid table another year, despite the best efforts of the management team, whilst he can get the thing sold.

Guest neesy111

Hi Lee.

Nah, in seriousness, I think Ashley not giving a fuck anymore still wouldn't mean he just allows Bruce and the Steve Mensa Meeting to have carte blanche. It's a business asset of his and he'll want it ran lean and efficient and making money where possible.

I'm hoping he's ratifying these signings as they'll likely keep us up, pootling along in lower mid table another year, despite the best efforts of the management team, whilst he can get the thing sold.

I watched one last season, so yes, you're right.

Guest neesy111

I watched one last season, so yes, you're right.

:lol:

Don't understand players who choose us at the moment, as we have zero ambition. It can't be about wages as they'll get those elsewhere.

Baffling as to why they join a team who's sole aim is mediocrity.

We are still a big draw because of the zombies until they turn against them .

He's 28 and has played for small clubs all his life, saying you have played for Newcastle still counts for something it seems. One of the reasons why the big clubs lobbied the PL to stop the PIF takeover, they know fine well this is a sleeping giant who would have threatened their grip on the league.

Bruce gets money because he’s likely playing super nice with Ashley and not calling him out in public or behind closed doors like Rafa likely did

It's this simple. MA did not like Rafa at all. It's very clear. It was just really unfortunate and frustrating man. Rafa is all about his business, similar to how he is even with his players, as we've all heard. MA wants someone he can be pally with, which is a bit pathetic, but whatever. Unfortunately as the owner that's his prerogative.

Bruce has come in and is happy to go with players the 'recruitment team' suggest, which is what MA wants. He can also suggest players that are outside of that remit, provided they are cheap, or can be justified in some way. This hasn't changed with any of the signings we look to be making.

Hendrick and Fraser are both free. Lewis fits the young and resale value remit. Wilson is the only one that is completely out of whack, but can be justified due to how badly Joelinton turned out, and therefore not being in a position to take risks with a striker again.

Bruce is making it work for him and finding a way to get the players he wants to use, so fair play to him for that. No manager we've had under MA has ever managed that. So now lets see exactly what he's made of. That is what I'm looking forward to. Rafa's name better not even slip out of his goofy mouth anymore.

Amazing how much money Ashley has given to 2 utter s**** managers like McClaren and Bruce and then was tightfisted c*** with Benitez.

Nah, It's all out of spite, he didn't like being called out by Rafa. Rafa would have been sacked if he hadn't been so popular with the fans.

Ashley would never sack a manager and be forced to pay him off if relegation wasn't a factor. No way on earth.