Callum Wilson: sidelined for up to 12 weeks with pectoral injury (Hope)

Strawberry

Of course MA doesn’t like managers with ambition who strive to transform this sorry excuse for a club into something else, thus forcing MA to step up and change his ways. He wants a Bruce or a Pardew who accepts status quo. It’s not rocket science.

Amazing how much money Ashley has given to 2 utter s**** managers like McClaren and Bruce and then was tightfisted c*** with Benitez.

The club was still paying for its relegation, if rafa was here now (minus the history between both) he’d have the same money available. I do think policy has changed though, maybe Rafas want for established players has been taken on board but Ashley was too stubborn to change while he was here.

Nah, It's all out of spite, he didn't like being called out by Rafa. Rafa would have been sacked if he hadn't been so popular with the fans.

Ashley would never sack a manager and be forced to pay him off if relegation wasn't a factor. No way on earth.

man37372.png

Amazing how much money Ashley has given to 2 utter s**** managers like McClaren and Bruce and then was tightfisted c*** with Benitez.

The club was still paying for its relegation, if rafa was here now (minus the history between both) he’d have the same money available. I do think policy has changed though, maybe Rafas want for established players has been taken on board but Ashley was too stubborn to change while he was here.

Nah, It's all out of spite, he didn't like being called out by Rafa. Rafa would have been sacked if he hadn't been so popular with the fans.

Ashley would never sack a manager and be forced to pay him off if relegation wasn't a factor. No way on earth.

man37372.png

Cheap.

Just when I thought I was out, a striker from a relegated side who hasn't scored in 6 months pulls me back in.

4 goals in 2020. 6 yellow cards and no assists though, so promising.

The argument that Bournemouth were shit doesn’t really work when you look at us :lol:

Dare I say it but are we making these very un-Ashley signings which will have no resale value because Ashley is confident he won't be here in a year or two?

Wilson was being reported by The Athletic as the Staveley/PIF consortium's main target, wasn't he? Fraser is another standard of signing I would've been expecting for the first window too. Interesting I guess.  :lol:

Dare I say it but are we making these very un-Ashley signings which will have no resale value because Ashley is confident he won't be here in a year or two?

Wilson was being reported by The Athletic as the Staveley/PIF consortium's main target, wasn't he? Fraser is another standard of signing I would've been expecting for the first window too. Interesting I guess.  :lol:

Pls stahp.

Don't understand players who choose us at the moment, as we have zero ambition. It can't be about wages as they'll get those elsewhere.

Baffling as to why they join a team who's sole aim is mediocrity.

For Wilson, he must take a look at our squad and know he’s a lock to start.

Just when I thought I was out, a striker from a relegated side who hasn't scored in 6 months pulls me back in.

The argument that Bournemouth were shit doesn’t really work when you look at us :lol:

For context, none of our players have 4 league goals in 2020. Almiron got 3 and St Max got 2.

For context, none of our players have 4 league goals in 2020. Almiron got 3 and St Max got 2.

Gayle has 4

Don't understand players who choose us at the moment, as we have zero ambition. It can't be about wages as they'll get those elsewhere.

Baffling as to why they join a team who's sole aim is mediocrity.

For Wilson, he must take a look at our squad and know he’s a lock to start.

Our alternatives are so dramatically bad or generally unavailable that whichever striker we signed would be a guaranteed starter every week.

Thankfully the manager has decided to spend the majority of our transfer budget on a striker who doesn't score that many goals, isn't really suited to our football, has had two massive knee injuries and is approaching 30. So we should be sound. In fact I think we should probably just wrap up the scouting department altogether on the basis of this summer. #allbrucetargets

He might have lost a yard of pace after his last injury, but he would still be the best striker we've had in a Newcastle shirt since Ba/Cisse. Better than Rondon for sure, and I was a big fan.

In what way is he better than Rondon "for sure"?

Guest neesy111

Rondon-140 appearances, 35 goals, 14 assists.

Wilson- 126 appearances, 41 goals, 12 assists.

Rondon was playing under Tony Pulis during quite a bit of that time.

Yep, but I already know that Newcastle are shit.

Tbf there wasn’t many on here thrilled when we got Rondon on loan tbf to him he turned it around and was great for us

This. He performed much better than I expected, was very underwhelmed when we got him.

Tbf there wasn’t many on here thrilled when we got Rondon on loan tbf to him he turned it around and was great for us

This. He performed much better than I expected, was very underwhelmed when we got him.

Just shows what a good manager can do for a player.