Callum Wilson: back in full training

Strawberry

Just now, tgarve said:

Not really mate , think that ended about a year ago , has to come a point we life with it

I mean, if you know you've got a highly infectious virus you probably shouldn't be cheek to cheek in a dressing room with your teammates, regardless of any rules or regs, like. :lol:

11 hours ago, NEEJ said:

I mean, if you know you've got a highly infectious virus you probably shouldn't be cheek to cheek in a dressing room with your teammates, regardless of any rules or regs, like. :lol:

We really have horrible cultures, don't we? We're just gonna go back to infecting everyone at work and on the subway with every pathogen that comes our way.

I have the flu right now, and am doing the wise thing and staying home.

12 hours ago, NEEJ said:

1 hour ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

We really have horrible cultures, don't we? We're just gonna go back to infecting everyone at work and on the subway with every pathogen that comes our way.

I have the flu right now, and am doing the wise thing and staying home.

Apart from the onslaught of "alternative" information ( re covid) coming from highly regarded sources like Le Tissier, Right Said Fred and Corbyn's brother we've a bunch of people who compare it with flu. 

People with flu don't get long covid, strokes, coronaries, dementia etc etc. In huge numbers. 

Or die. 

I'm suprised he was allowed to mix unless, given the higher medical supervision, they were 100% sure of his viral load threat or lack of. 

4 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Weird thing to say about the most creative striker in the PL. 

Not really, I have eyes. He might've created a few but if he's ever in the box or anywhere near it he's one of the most selfish players around

I think it will have endeared him well with Southgate. He’ll have loved his selflessness and I imagine it could lead to more minutes for Wilson. Was a really classy assist when 90% of out-and-out strikers would have gone for goal even though it wasn’t the optimal thing to do 

I get your point Slim, Kane is exceptionally good at providing for teammates and his vision in the final third is as good as any other striker in the world but I still think there’s a really high chance he goes for goal there. In my mind I think of his assists as coming from further out from goal than 6 yards normally 

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

I get your point Slim, Kane is exceptionally good at providing for teammates and his vision in the final third is as good as any other striker in the world but I still think there’s a really high chance he goes for goal there. In my mind I think of his assists as coming from further out from goal than 6 yards normally 

Probably but he is also guaranteed start no matter how many he misses.  Like AyeDubbleYoo says if Wilson missed he gets criticism for not squaring it.

It's just old-fashioned banter to say that a striker should have gone for goal himself, when he's just put a goal on a plate for a teammate. Maybe if we didn't know that Wilson was normally as ruthless as they come. 

Gary Linker and Shearer have a lot to answer for :lol:

35 minutes ago, Slim said:

That’s all well and good but the stat isn’t really relevant to the discussion. We know Kane scores goals and gets assists, that’s not in question. If you can find the stat that shows how many times Kane has shot when passing would’ve been the better option, we can all make an objective judgement. I doubt it exists though, so you just have to judge it on what you see. One perfect example is against Croatia in the last World Cup. Square it and Sterling scores. He shot instead and got rightly panned for it. Maybe that’s what some people want from their strikers but I always prefer a player who puts the team first.