Callum Wilson: back in full training (Downie)

Strawberry

Hopefully he can hold it up well and bring in ASM and Miggy into the game more. That will be key for us this season imo.

Don't want to continually prattle on with ott negativity so I won't say loads but that's the bit that concerns me. Is this really his game? Dunno lyke.

Anyway, hopefully he does do well cos as others have said, he seems like a smashing lad and it's nice - though a bit mad - that he's had his heart set on playing up here.

Hopefully he can hold it up well and bring in ASM and Miggy into the game more. That will be key for us this season imo.

Don't want to continually prattle on with ott negativity so I won't say loads but that's the bit that concerns me. Is this really his game? Dunno lyke.

Anyway, hopefully he does do well cos as others have said, he seems like a smashing lad and it's nice - though a bit mad - that he's had his heart set on playing up here.

Doesn't look big enough to hold the ball up in the traditional sense, but maybe he's good at shielding the ball at his feet. Looking at some of his goals, he does seem to be more about movement and striker's instinct, so pretty much the opposite of Joelinton, but again, he doesn't really have a prolific record for someone who is about scoring goals. Maybe when he's on form you could describe him as a Defoe type of striker?

Miggy will be cast aside to warm the bench because SB has no idea how to use him

Nah he is in his best place behind the striker. Wilson will be a much better fit than Joelinton or even carroll/gayle were. Much closer to his Atlanta time with martinez in front. The central mid behind him is more of a worry. Hayden will have to do an awful lot of work.

Guest Cheesy Beans

Apparently on 100k a week - 4 year contract, ouch

Wonder how much Rondon would have wanted

£4m a week, because he moved to China, like all the greedy bastards do.

Well, that’s what Richard Keys told me in between mouthfuls of Qatari men spitting chewed up food into his mouth.

Actually quite excited by this signing.  I mean, I've pretty much emotionally detached myself from all things NUFC.  But we are doing some good deals and it's hard not to take a bit of notice. 

Makes it all the more annoying that Rafa never got proper backing.  But shithouses like McClaren and Bruce get decent funds, in comparison. 

Guest Cheesy Beans

If there was any point in the club, this would be decent news.

Exactly  how I feel, 3 decent  signings but is there any point

When they’re being managed by Bruce under Ashley, no.

Wilson, Joelinton, ASM, Almiron & Fraser....should have some goals in them next season. You certainly won’t playing all of them at once so we have at least one decent attacking option off them bench.

Assuming they're all fit, now with Bruce's injury record, i seriously doubt they will all be fit at the same time.

Wilson, Joelinton, ASM, Almiron & Fraser....should have some goals in them next season. You certainly won’t playing all of them at once so we have at least one decent attacking option off them bench.

I think Joelinton is going to relish having a target man up front with him.  Think we'll see a different player this season.

Actually quite excited by this signing.  I mean, I've pretty much emotionally detached myself from all things NUFC.  But we are doing some good deals and it's hard not to take a bit of notice. 

Makes it all the more annoying that Rafa never got proper backing.  But shithouses like McClaren and Bruce get decent funds, in comparison. 

It's almost like Ashley isn't running the club anymore  :crazy2:

I think Joelinton is going to relish having a target man up front with him.  Think we'll see a different player this season.

Are you suggesting that we might play with some sort of tactics?