Callum Wilson: sidelined for up to 12 weeks with pectoral injury (Hope)

Strawberry

I mean regardless of whether he's ill or injured, he simply can't be relied upon, and, to an extent when we were shite that could be put up with as he was the best player in that position we could realistically attract, the position we are in now, and are going to be in moving forward means we are outgrowing him and he needs to be replaced.

At least as far as our main striker, hopefully Isak will take off when he returns and be first choice anyway and Wilson can be a back up but If not we need someone else.

It's a massive shame as he seems a great lad and he's a cracking player, and if he could stay injury free he'd be one of the best strikers around, but unfortunately it just isn't to be.

7 hours ago, The Butcher said:

Love him and he's brilliant, but we need a new striker.

We just set a club record with a new striker purchase. Seems wasteful to buy another unless it is someone who can handle the wings too. We already engaged in a panic buy with Wood and to some extent Isaak.  I am hoping that Isaak is not injury prone, but he is closing in on 100 days of being out.  I am not sure what the plan would be if Trippier went down. Manquillo or Kraft?  Wing seems like the winter purchase best designed to help us stay top four.

11 minutes ago, Andy84 said:

Not sure what he can do about being ill like 

It's always something though isn't it? He just seems prone to having something wrong with him, be it injured or ill, whatever. We all know those sort of people in life. Can't help it but simply can't be relied upon long term

Edited by NUFCDoog

15 minutes ago, Andy84 said:

Not sure what he can do about being ill like 

Get someone in to show him how to wash his hands properly? 

:coat:

maybe he has small kids, I’m sure he will be fine. Won’t be long until we are worrying about how him and isak can both start.