Callum Wilson: back in full training

Strawberry

His ability at getting the ball out of his feet is amazing, that turn he did that’s mentioned above was a fantastic piece of skill and his turn and shot was also great. He’s such an archetypal striker, comes to life in a second. Looking forward to him putting some away in the next few fixtures 

His reactions and instinct are great and I don’t think that assist he got yesterday should be underestimated.

Don’t think many players would have flicked it across to Isak with such perfect weight as quickly as he did it. 

Guest reefatoon
Just now, Kid Icarus said:

I'm one of his biggest fans but he's been dawdling on the ball and getting outplayed more often than he was pre-world cup.

Totally agree. Not the same looking player he was when trying to get in the World Cup squad.

3 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Maybe he needs an injury to reboot?

Genuinely, what's his longest stretch of essentially uninjured games? Wonder if the time out fires him up psychologically just long enough until the next injury...

4 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Looked disappointed when he came off which is standard but does look like he’s struggling a bit. Looks a yard short of pace currently but he’s getting crowded out by a load of defenders too to be fair.

Yep think he needs someone closer to him

3 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

I’d rest him for Tuesday, well bench..

Wilson has looked off the boil since just before the World Cup, but as I mentioned in another thread, he had a 2 week Covid thing and that can take its toll.

He had covid before the World Cup didn’t he ? Then another illness after?

12 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Looked disappointed when he came off which is standard but does look like he’s struggling a bit. Looks a yard short of pace currently but he’s getting crowded out by a load of defenders too to be fair.

Our wide front three do tend to stay very wide. Maybe something to work on and mix it up a bit. Also I’d like our wingers to swap sides occasionally. Today a classic example of having the pace either side to get beyond full backs but both crossing with their weaker foot.

6 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Our wide front three do tend to stay very wide. Maybe something to work on and mix it up a bit. Also I’d like our wingers to swap sides occasionally. Today a classic example of having the pace either side to get beyond full backs but both crossing with their weaker foot.

Yeah agreed, need to mix it up a bit