Callum Wilson: sidelined for up to 12 weeks with pectoral injury (Hope)

Strawberry

9 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Thought it was a strange comment from Jones saying he's pretty hit and miss in training

I haven't read the comments but a player like Wilson just needs to keep fit so probably eases off a lot in training. When it comes to match day it's 100% and risks injury whereas that just doesn't show in training as he knows his body better than coaching staff.

1 hour ago, hakka said:

If he can score as many as he does for us feeding on scraps, I'm shocked he's not been picked up by one of the top sides. Even as a rotated striker or sub he'd flourish with more chances. 

It's probably a combination of his injury record and his age. Still amazed someone persuaded Mike Ashley to part with £20m for him. Can only assume it was PIF as it looked like the takeover was going to go through around then. 

5 minutes ago, huss9 said:

whereas its also been said big Jow is fucking amazing in training.

They used to say that about Lee Clark as well. Fabulous finisher on the training ground. Some people just thrive on the big game. 

2 hours ago, hakka said:

If he can score as many as he does for us feeding on scraps, I'm shocked he's not been picked up by one of the top sides. Even as a rotated striker or sub he'd flourish with more chances. 

When you actually look back at his scoring record in the prem it doesn't really stand out and that was in a more attacking Bournemouth side. It's strange. 

1 hour ago, ManDoon said:

Yeah I really don’t understand what happened at Bournemouth. I wasn’t at all bothered when we signed him, he’s never stuck out as a goal scorer 

I was about to say, he wasn't this good at Bournemouth like as I recall.  Not particularly close either imo.  Injuries always a problem with him but certain players just arrive a club and click, I'd say he's one of them myself.  

His goal record for Bournemouth was around one in three, over a significant number of games. I'd say that's pretty indicative of a reliable goal scorer, and a very solid return for an average to poor premier league team and with a season that included a relegation.

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

I've noticed he's fond of a booking. He's on four yellows. Hope to fuck he watches himself against Arsenal - and then Norwich if he doesn't miss out.

I had just came in here to post how I like what a nasty fucker he is and how I love to see it from our number 9. Never realised he had that side to his game from watching him at Bournemouth. But he puts himself about and hounds defenders. Always winding them up and exchanging verbals, plenty of gamesmanship (or cheating, depending on your viewpoint). It’s been a lonely old existence for him up there since joining. So I don’t mind seeing it. 

He is certainly getting some needless yellows, mind. I half thought yesterday may have even been his 5th. When is the cut-off for the one game ban? 

1 hour ago, Lush Vlad said:

I had just came in here to post how I like what a nasty fucker he is and how I love to see it from our number 9. Never realised he had that side to his game from watching him at Bournemouth. But he puts himself about and hounds defenders. Always winding them up and exchanging verbals, plenty of gamesmanship (or cheating, depending on your viewpoint). It’s been a lonely old existence for him up there since joining. So I don’t mind seeing it. 

He is certainly getting some needless yellows, mind. I half thought yesterday may have even been his 5th. When is the cut-off for the one game ban? 

Cut-off is after the 19th match

I barely recall him on the ball moving at goal. But that moment he was running at them second half he could have gone for a shot but decided to hit the deck, which is annoying. First half I remember him in the box and instead of shuffle and hit he went for flicking it on to another player and screwed it up. Wasn't at his best at all.

Guest neesy111
11 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Least of our worries at the moment, but...

Anyone else feel like he's starting to get into an annoying habit of trying to win a pen rather than just fucking shooting?

Yes, he does go down too easy for such a big/strong person.

1 hour ago, Pilko said:

Least of our worries at the moment, but...

Anyone else feel like he's starting to get into an annoying habit of trying to win a pen rather than just fucking shooting?

Yes.