Callum Wilson

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

I've noticed he's fond of a booking. He's on four yellows. Hope to fuck he watches himself against Arsenal - and then Norwich if he doesn't miss out.

I had just came in here to post how I like what a nasty fucker he is and how I love to see it from our number 9. Never realised he had that side to his game from watching him at Bournemouth. But he puts himself about and hounds defenders. Always winding them up and exchanging verbals, plenty of gamesmanship (or cheating, depending on your viewpoint). It’s been a lonely old existence for him up there since joining. So I don’t mind seeing it. 

He is certainly getting some needless yellows, mind. I half thought yesterday may have even been his 5th. When is the cut-off for the one game ban? 

1 hour ago, Lush Vlad said:

I had just came in here to post how I like what a nasty fucker he is and how I love to see it from our number 9. Never realised he had that side to his game from watching him at Bournemouth. But he puts himself about and hounds defenders. Always winding them up and exchanging verbals, plenty of gamesmanship (or cheating, depending on your viewpoint). It’s been a lonely old existence for him up there since joining. So I don’t mind seeing it. 

He is certainly getting some needless yellows, mind. I half thought yesterday may have even been his 5th. When is the cut-off for the one game ban? 

Cut-off is after the 19th match

I barely recall him on the ball moving at goal. But that moment he was running at them second half he could have gone for a shot but decided to hit the deck, which is annoying. First half I remember him in the box and instead of shuffle and hit he went for flicking it on to another player and screwed it up. Wasn't at his best at all.

11 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Least of our worries at the moment, but...

Anyone else feel like he's starting to get into an annoying habit of trying to win a pen rather than just fucking shooting?

Yes, he does go down too easy for such a big/strong person.

3 hours ago, Pilko said:

You'd think he would have realised by now that we get absolutely fuck all from referees (on pitch or video assistant) and trying to win a pen is a monumental waste of time.

I feel like he's lost his edge post Spurs.

He also has absolutely zero competition for his place. Not doubting his professionalism but having literally no one on your toes for a starting place will effect anyone eventually, particularly a centre-forward. Another striker is a must in January imo. 

His best season for Bouremouth was 14 in 30, last season in a Bruceball side he scored 12 in 26. He has 4 in 9 this season, in a side that is the only team in the 92 not to actually win a game yet.

Wilson is never going to pick up a game by it's balls and go win it for us. He'll score goals, his strike rate stands up to anyone playing lower PL sides.

When we are on top for periods in games, and creating enough chances, he'll score and help us win games. When he's missing sitters constantly from 10 yards out, then I'll criticise him. 

Even throughout Bruceball, he was best I've seen for years up with Rondon at holding up a ball that's launched at him with two CB up his arse, and no support from miles around. 

Edited by Abra Dubravka

Just wish he’d shoot man. Lacazette had one sniff and he created his shot and fired it. Wilson dallies a bit too much on the ball last few matches. I love the bloke - think he’s brilliant, but he’s got to fucking shoot. Toney - didn’t linger on the ball he just hit it hard at goal and forced the keeper to make a play (darlow) who fumbled it in. 

I have mixed feelings about him, hard to really blame him since he gets so few chances. 

His pen was really bad, got lucky that Krul didn’t save it. Also continually tried to win free kicks by falling over, despite the ref having none of it. 

Very hard job today though, he worked himself into the ground. 

• Nobody changed the title to Callum Wilson - Out for 8 Weeks
  • Rich changed the title to Callum Wilson