Callum Wilson: back in full training

Strawberry

Ashley will add it on to the price of the club when he sells.

This just shows that he’s desperate to get rid imo. He’s allowing players to come in that will keep NUFC in the PL and thus guarantee his £300/350 million price

When you really look at that Bournemouth team, outside of Fraser who did they really have that created chances?

They didn't have anyone in central midfield that could match what Shelvey can pull out of the bag. And the likes of Stanislas and King are runners that tend to have their heads down.

ASM, Fraser, Miggy and Shelvey should create a lot more opportunities for Wilson really. If he ends up with less than double figures it would be quite disappointing.

Especially since he takes pens as well. Think it seems a solid signing though, he's not going to set the world alight, but he seems to have decent movement and can finish, even if he's not the quickest.

When you really look at that Bournemouth team, outside of Fraser who did they really have that created chances?

They didn't have anyone in central midfield that could match what Shelvey can pull out of the bag. And the likes of Stanislas and King are runners that tend to have their heads down.

ASM, Fraser, Miggy and Shelvey should create a lot more opportunities for Wilson really. If he ends up with less than double figures it would be quite disappointing.

Especially since he takes pens as well. Think it seems a solid signing though, he's not going to set the world alight, but he seems to have decent movement and can finish, even if he's not the quickest.

I think there's potential for him to have a really good season, despite Bruce's limitations, as I honestly don't think he's had a team with as many good attacking players around him. We should be able to take advantage of the weaker teams in the division to greater effect. Think we'll still look iffy against the better teams though.

There's a chance he does a Demba Ba. Similar knees and all!

I guess.

2 ACLs already in his career, 4 year deal. Risky but i guess when you're in our position you have to take these moves

yeah the two acls is a concern but he has played 35 and 30 premier league games respectively in the last two seasons

Guest neesy111

I guess.

2 ACLs already in his career, 4 year deal. Risky but i guess when you're in our position you have to take these moves

yeah the two acls is a concern but he has played 35 and 30 premier league games respectively in the last two seasons

I would say it's more how it effects him long term than being injury prone, bournemouth fans said it looked like he lost some pace last season.

So refreshing to hear someone come in and say he’d be disgusted with himself if he didn’t reach double figures with goals.

Has any forward scored more than 20 goals in a season here since Shearer? (Dwight Gayle in the champo doesn’t count)

Nope - none at all. Not in the top division, anyway.

To be fair, scoring 20 goals a season in the Premier League is usually only achieved by 2 or 3 players each season. It's also usually only achieved by strikers who play for the top 2 or 3 teams.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_top_Premier_League_goal_scorers_by_season

Seems an affable bloke and a good pro. Hope for him he can make the most of what will be the biggest opportunity of his career. Plenty to motivate him too with the Euros being pushed back.

Yeah, I hope he doesnt look on here.  We should be excited by his signing as he seems a good player.

I think under previous circumstances people would be, I know I would but I can't be arsed to muster up too much energy one way or the other albeit I wish him well. What little was remaining from last season was watered down by Bruce and then extinguished with the takeover.

I think all 3 signings are good & sensible additions that should add something different. It's just frustrating they once again change their tune because they have a patsy in the dugout - it makes no sense other than spite.

I don't really rate the signing tbh because I think he's had bad fitness problems which are bound to rear their heads again, he doesn't score that many goals and we need a striker who is more of a target man... but I do agree that, in spite of all that, it's the sort of thing that, in a normal case, would give me a surge of excitement ahead of the new season. He might do really well cos he is a talented player.

I just wish things were substantially different; I really don't know if I can ever muster any real enthusiasm for the club. I tried a little bit after Project Restart and even tried to soften on Bruce a bit but, just, nah.