Newcastle United 0 - 3 Brighton - 20/09/20 - Post-match reaction from page 25

BlueStar

Absolute garbage today.

I’m glad Mike Ashley is watching in person. Like man for man we should be competing with these but we’re a million miles off them in tactics and organisation.

Clearly a management/coaching issue.

If we pick up enough points to survive this season it will be only because there are 3 or 4 teams worse than us.

Like fat chops would even see it ffs. He's employed Pardew, then let Carver have a go, then Island Head and finally Bruce is stinking it up. You really think Ashley will see the error of all that now ?

Absolute garbage today.

I’m glad Mike Ashley is watching in person. Like man for man we should be competing with these but we’re a million miles off them in tactics and organisation.

If we pick up enough points to survive this season it will be only because there are 3 or 4 teams worse than us.

Like fat chops would even see it ffs. He's employed Pardew, then let Carver have a go, then Island Head and finally Bruce is stinking it up. You really think Ashley will see the error of all that now ?

He had a top manager and forced him out.

I can't be certain but I think the last time I watched a full 90 minutes of a Newcastle league game was the 0-3 at home to Leicester on New Years Day. We haven't improved a jot since then - despite a not-insignificant amount of investment in the side and the manager given a lot of freedom to build the team he wanted. In fact today was arguably a worse performance.

That was so fucking dangerous :lol: clear red.

Yet the referee had a clear line of sight and only gave a yellow. He only gave a red when instructed too.

And people still defend referee’s.

You were having a go at VAR earlier and now it’s helped get the decision right (again) you’re having a go at the ref instead. Fact is VAR and the ref combined got all the major decisions spot on today. Newcastle only have themselves to blame for being played off the park and losing comprehensively at home to Brighton and fucking Hove Albion

Absolute garbage today.

He had a top manager and forced him out.

Exactly, and that manager approached us, Ashley and Charnley wouldn't know a decent manager if he fell on them.

Deserved third, should be more really. No shots on target for us.

But we have a real striker now. How come?! :lol:

Has your man touched the ball?

He knew better than to be associated with this mess of a performance  :razz:

What did real striker Wilson do with all them 50 yard hoofs in 90 mins?

That was so fucking dangerous :lol: clear red.

Yet the referee had a clear line of sight and only gave a yellow. He only gave a red when instructed too.

And people still defend referee’s.

You were having a go at VAR earlier and now it’s helped get the decision right (again) you’re having a go at the ref instead. Fact is VAR and the ref combined got all the major decisions spot on today. Newcastle only have themselves to blame for being played off the park and losing comprehensively at home to Brighton and fucking Hove Albion

:thup:

Still trying to wrap my head around the fact Bruce thought sticking with the 4-4-2 was the answer here.

That was appalling, but I didn't see much heart in our players either. Where was the guy that would step forward and gee everyone up.

Anyone see Bruce though, shouting instructions and changing things up? No, I didn't think so. 4-0 the Spurs next week.

Guest reefatoon

Still trying to wrap my head around the fact Bruce thought sticking with the 4-4-2 was the answer here.

That was appalling, but I didn't see much heart in our players either. Where was the guy that would step forward and gee everyone up.

Anyone see Bruce though, shouting instructions and changing things up? No, I didn't think so. 4-0 the Spurs next week.

He just stands on the sidelines with his hands stuffed in his grubby pockets, licking the fuck out of his own face.