Newcastle United 0 - 3 Brighton - 20/09/20 - Post-match reaction from page 25

BlueStar

You never see any of Bruce’s fan boys (all two of them) in match threads. Strange.

I think with samptime the penny has eventually dropped and as for judgeholden, he's just a mackem on the wind up.

That was so fucking dangerous :lol: clear red.

Yet the referee had a clear line of sight and only gave a yellow. He only gave a red when instructed too.

And people still defend referee’s.

You were having a go at VAR earlier and now it’s helped get the decision right (again) you’re having a go at the ref instead. Fact is VAR and the ref combined got all the major decisions spot on today. Newcastle only have themselves to blame for being played off the park and losing comprehensively at home to Brighton and fucking Hove Albion

If that penalty was given against any other team except us, everyone would argue the player got the ball. If the handball was given for any team other than us then everyone would say that’s how the game is now and it’s a penalty.

Too many people are too desperate to see this NUFC crash and burn and allow themselves to favour decisions which enable this.

Bruce got things fucking wrong today. We haven’t made enough or good enough signings. We were fucking shit, but I’d still argue that 3 decisions have went against us today when they shouldn’t have and if they happened for any other team, people would be arguing them over and over.

It’s not just today though. VAR is spectacularly shit in the Premier League because the same shit referee’s and even former referee’s are in charge of it. It’s another way for jobs going to the boys and another way for the Premier League to fuck over teams to get the league shaped how they want it.

Today they helped fuck us over in their dispute against Ashley. Yesterday they gave a token penalty to Palace against Man Utd after Man Utd got every soft penalty in the league last season to help them get back towards the top 4.

Still trying to wrap my head around the fact Bruce thought sticking with the 4-4-2 was the answer here.

That was appalling, but I didn't see much heart in our players either. Where was the guy that would step forward and gee everyone up.

Anyone see Bruce though, shouting instructions and changing things up? No, I didn't think so. 4-0 the Spurs next week.

He just stands on the sidelines with his hands stuffed in his grubby pockets, licking the fuck out of his own face.

:lol:

You never see any of Bruce’s fran boys (all two of them) in match threads. Strange.

I think with samptime the penny has eventually dropped and as for judgeholden, he's just a mackem on the wind up.

Has it? That would be good if true

Yet the referee had a clear line of sight and only gave a yellow. He only gave a red when instructed too.

You were having a go at VAR earlier and now it’s helped get the decision right (again) you’re having a go at the ref instead. Fact is VAR and the ref combined got all the major decisions spot on today. Newcastle only have themselves to blame for being played off the park and losing comprehensively at home to Brighton and fucking Hove Albion

If that penalty was given against any other team except us, everyone would argue the player got the ball. If the handball was given for any team other than us then everyone would say that’s how the game is now and it’s a penalty.

Too many people are too desperate to see this NUFC crash and burn and allow themselves to favour decisions which enable this.

Bruce got things fucking wrong today. We haven’t made enough or good enough signings. We were fucking shit, but I’d still argue that 3 decisions have went against us today when they shouldn’t have and if they happened for any other team, people would be arguing them over and over.

It’s not just today though. VAR is spectacularly shit in the Premier League because the same shit referee’s and even former referee’s are in charge of it. It’s another way for jobs going to the boys and another way for the Premier League to fuck over teams to get the league shaped how they want it.

Today they helped fuck us over in their dispute against Ashley. Yesterday they gave a token penalty to Palace against Man Utd after Man Utd got every soft penalty in the league last season to help them get back towards the top 4.

So we were beaten by VAR and not Brighton and Hove Albion?

Still trying to wrap my head around the fact Bruce thought sticking with the 4-4-2 was the answer here.

That was appalling, but I didn't see much heart in our players either. Where was the guy that would step forward and gee everyone up.

Anyone see Bruce though, shouting instructions and changing things up? No, I didn't think so. 4-0 the Spurs next week.

You can't forgive players for not putting 100% effort in, so they're due some criticism for what was a pretty heartless performance.

But the lack of any gameplan was palpable; they don't know what they're supposed to be doing from one 'attack' to the next. One time they're passing it around; middle to wing, back to middle, middle to the other wing, back to the full-back, into the middle, fizzles out... then next about it's a long punt to the centre-forward... there's no actual clue. It's not a varied, mixed attack - it's just brainless and lazy. Where's Hendrick supposed to be; wide or narrow? Is Shelvey coming deep or is he meant to drift and play the channels? Which one is it, cos he's doing both (at one point he was wide left whilst Almiron was wandering around near the D). What's Fraser doing on the right when he's no real right-foot? Why did Joelinton come on? There's just nothing.

As for the defending, well, it was amateurish at times, particularly for the third. Just backing off and backing off. The Rafa afterglow has well and truly burned out of that was anything to go by.

Please just post your waffle in to the conspiracy theory thread.

Only a matter of time, fans will be on him soon too

Can't see it. People listen to the media too much and they certainly won't turn on him. Fans were still defending even Pardew by the very end, helped no doubt by his defense by pals in the pundit game. McClaren was less protected by the media due to burned bridges after the England job and success abroad. Bruce's a good bloke, hasn't upset anyone.

You can't forgive players for not putting 100% effort in, so they're due some criticism for what was a pretty heartless performance.

But the lack of any gameplan was palpable; they don't know what they're supposed to be doing from one 'attack' to the next. One time they're passing it around; middle to wing, back to middle, middle to the other wing, back to the full-back, into the middle, fizzles out... then next about it's a long punt to the centre-forward... there's no actual clue. It's not a varied, mixed attack - it's just brainless and lazy. Where's Hendrick supposed to be? Is Shelvey coming deep or is he meant to drift and play the channels? Which ones is it, cos he's doing both (at one point he was wide left whilst Almiron was wandering around near the D). What's Fraser doing on the right when he's no real right-foot? Why did Joelinton come on? There's just nothing.

As for the defending, well, it was amateurish at times, particularly for the third. Just backing off and backing off. The Rafa afterglow has well and truly burned out of that was anything to go by.

That's basically it. Said it during the game against Blackburn, the players don't seem to have any idea what they are supposed to be doing collectively, they are just being thrown on the pitch and expected to work it out themselves by the look of it.

The thing is though, what's the point?  We wont win anything, we wont qualify for Europe and we probably wont go down, although Nruce will try his best.  So again what's the point?  I watched the game and I'm only watching it for something to do.  There is no real buyin from me anymore.  Sad but to be honest I'm like the players.... .given up

What do we expect when we have a manager with this approach to the game?

“I’ve been accused of being a dinosaur because I don’t like the computer.”

“I have heard lots of nonsense about tactics but the big thing is about showing pride and having a go.”

"I'm not really into tactics."

Where is the source for this?

I believe Greg[/member] is the source, for comedic and accurate intent.

Various previous Steve Bruce press conferences.

But the lack of any gameplan was palpable; they don't know what they're supposed to be doing from one 'attack' to the next. One time they're passing it around; middle to wing, back to middle, middle to the other wing, back to the full-back, into the middle, fizzles out... then next about it's a long punt to the centre-forward... there's no actual clue. It's not a varied, mixed attack - it's just brainless and lazy. Where's Hendrick supposed to be? Is Shelvey coming deep or is he meant to drift and play the channels? Which ones is it, cos he's doing both (at one point he was wide left whilst Almiron was wandering around near the D). What's Fraser doing on the right when he's no real right-foot? Why did Joelinton come on? There's just nothing.

This is incredible as I was just saying the exact thing to two supporters that I was watching the game with (I'm on holiday abroad).  What is the game plan?  There is no tactical nous at all.  "Let's play".  Bruce is way out of his depth.

The thing is though, what's the point?  We wont win anything, we wont qualify for Europe and we probably wont go down, although Nruce will try his best.  So again what's the point?  I watched the game and I'm only watching it for something to do.  There is no real buyin from me anymore.  Sad but to be honest I'm like the players.... .given up

Yep, I'm looking forward the Bears v Packers game far more. That's what Ashley has brought us, disinterest and taken what we love away.

What do we expect when we have a manager with this approach to the game?

“I’ve been accused of being a dinosaur because I don’t like the computer.”

“I have heard lots of nonsense about tactics but the big thing is about showing pride and having a go.”

"I'm not really into tactics."

Where is the source for this?

I believe Greg[/member] is the source, for comedic and accurate intent.

Various previous Steve Bruce press conferences.

Someone linked articles a few pages back, you didn't even layer on that much for comedic value. :lol:

Bruce is so grim.

I was surprised so many were confident pre-game and Brighton did exactly what they’ve done to us for the past few games but they actually bothered scoring this time. Hopefully this is the end of two up top when one of those forward is Carroll.

It’s really impressive what Brighton have done since Hughton. It must be nice believing in a system and sticking with it. Basically what we had and lost under Rafa despite how pundits described it.

This is incredible as I was just saying the exact thing to two supporters that I was watching the game with (I'm on holiday abroad).  What is the game plan?  There is no tactical nous at all.  "Let's play".  Bruce is way out of his depth.

And to cap it all, one of the so called fans said "but you must admit, Bruce is doing a good job".  I mean ffs!

We were expired fermented fish level of stink today all across the park, with tactics from a manager that doesn't rate tactics, all wrong from the start.

Brighton could only take full advantage of that and they did. I still don't think they're a particularly good team nor do I think they will finish above us at the end.

Same with when we lost to Villa early last year.

Bruce will absolutely get pelters. He only got away with it last season because he blamed Rafa's style and was a lucky bugger.

It's now his team/tactics and any continuing bad results will see him get rinsed.

Modify message