Newcastle United 0 - 3 Brighton - 20/09/20 - Post-match reaction from page 25

BlueStar

:lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That is amazing. Look at their front three all gagging for the ball in that humongous gap!

Shows how screwed Lewis was in our setup. Didn't know who to pick up, and rightfully stayed narrower as that was a bigger danger.

When we played that same 3-4-2-1 formation, remember how there was no one around Joelinton ever? Just look at the players around Maupay man.

Imagine if we had Almiron and ASM that close to the striker last season and left the space out wide for Willems and Manquillo to exploit. Would have been so good.

But you know ... Bruce thinks tactics are pointless and silly.

5 things Brewcy won't have learned today but should have already known.

1. carroll is finished as a premier league starter

2. the squad still needs a back up LB, another striker and a creative midfielder who can run

3. we need someone who is capable of taking a corner or freekick rather than just floating it aimlessly into the box

4. rigid 442 formations no longer have a place in the modern game

5. you dont pick players to be "fair to them".

Vicki Sparks on the MOTD coverage if you fancy reliving a worse version. Shearer defending Bruce in about ten minutes, too, if you're feeling truly suicidal.

I’m not in any way sexist- the girls on the football ramble podcasts are great

But fuck me she’s the worst commentator I’ve ever heard atrocious

Watch the bit back when maxi makes the pen tackle she’s commentating about him when he doesn’t have the ball - weird

Guest Cheesy Beans

:lol:

It’s almost like Bruce tells them what they need to do, but completely ignores what they need to do to the opposition.

‘Here lads, stand in straight lines and kick the ball long to Andy when you get it’

‘What about Lamptey, gaffer?’

‘My friend told me...’

5 things Brewcy won't have learned today but should have already known.

1. carroll is finished as a premier league starter

2. the squad still needs a back up LB, another striker and a creative midfielder who can run

3. we need someone who is capable of taking a corner or freekick rather than just floating it aimlessly into the box

4. rigid 442 formations no longer have a place in the modern game

5. you dont pick players to be "fair to them".

We dont need a creative midfielder, we need two defensive midfielders in the middle that will harass and break up opposition play.  We have Almiron, ASM, Fraser and Shelvey as the creative outlets we dont need more.  Brighton were running through our midfield at will yesterday.  I really dont see what people see in Hayden.

With Shelvey not doing any defensive work (and never will), with J (new lad) being played as a winger when he isn't and with Andy C up against 3 defenders taller than him, what did Bruce expect the outcome to be?

Thought the ref was very much against us today, gave them loads and turned his back on all of our shouts...

It was Kevin Friend so that's a given but you can't use the ref to hide behind such a shambolic performance as that. Certainly wasn't his fault we couldn't muster a single shot on target in 90 mins.