Morecambe 0-7 Newcastle United - 23/09/2020

joeyt

Guest reefatoon

Bruce'll be swaggering about like a dog with two dicks after an early OG and we edge out a 1-0 win.

Hands stuffed firmly in those pockets of his while he wibbles his ballsack nose with his tongue.

How is this controversial? Why should or would they expect Newcastle to pay for testing for a match their ground?

If they were coming up here then it would be fair enough to expect Newcastle to pay.

If they can't afford it then maybe they should forfeit...

However that would deprive them of seeing their team passing and bossing a premier League team off the park

How is this controversial? Why should or would they expect Newcastle to pay for testing for a match their ground?

If they were coming up here then it would be fair enough to expect Newcastle to pay.

However that would deprive them of seeing their team passing and bossing a premier League team off the park

:thup: Fuck the poor, we're alright and that's all that matters.

:thup: f*** the poor, we're alright and that's all that matters.

This is England 2020

jacob-rees-mogg-reclining.jpg

This is nothing to do with fuck the poor. This is about being able to competently host a match. Think Man City will be paying ours when we go there? Same kind of wealth difference.

Surely they carry them out for normal league matches?

I would have thought each team should be responsible for their own testing regardless of opposition?

Yes it would be a nice goodwill gesture, but this club isn't exactly renowned for that

This is nothing to do with fuck the poor. This is about being able to competently host a match. Think Man City will be paying ours when we go there? Same kind of wealth difference.

I would have thought each team should be responsible for their own testing regardless of opposition?

Yes it would be a nice goodwill gesture, but this club isn't exactly renowned for that

I agree that it shouldn't be expected that Newcastle pays for their testing. However if Newcastle don't feel comfortable playing against a team that hasn't been tested, and don't want to pay for it, maybe Newcastle should forfeit instead?

Us and Man City can't be compared to us and Morecambe

Maybe not the most appropriate comparison, but I still fail to see why we should be looking after their costs just because we're playing them.

Would there have been any debate at all if they'd been drawn against another league 2 team? No they'd have paid it without a word and noone would have heard a thing.

Yes they're playing against a team that could afford to pay it for them, but why should they? A goodwill gesture would be to pay the Morecambe players for the week of the tie....I'd bet people would complain if somehow Mike grew a heart and decided it was the right thing to do

And what if - like Orient this week - half the Morecambe team turn out to be infected? EFL clubs don't test their players regularly as they cant afford it. We are taking a massive risk here for the sake of a few thousand pounds. Image if the whole team have to quarantine for two weeks, would cause havoc to our schedule

I agree that it shouldn't be expected that Newcastle pays for their testing. However if Newcastle don't feel comfortable playing against a team that hasn't been tested, and don't want to pay for it, maybe Newcastle should forfeit instead?

Would save the embarrassment of watching being outplayed by Morecambe...which is almost inevitable

And what if - like Orient this week - half the Morecambe team turn out to be infected? EFL clubs don't test their players regularly as they cant afford it. We are taking a massive risk here for the sake of a few thousand pounds. Image if the whole team have to quarantine for two weeks, would cause havoc to our schedule

Well that's my ignorance I'll freely admit. I'd assumed that all league teams were routinely testing.

Simple solution should be if no test, then no match

Us and Man City can't be compared to us and Morecambe

Maybe not the most appropriate comparison, but I still fail to see why we should be looking after their costs just because we're playing them.

Would there have been any debate at all if they'd been drawn against another league 2 team? No they'd have paid it without a word and noone would have heard a thing.

Yes they're playing against a team that could afford to pay it for them, but why should they? A goodwill gesture would be to pay the Morecambe players for the week of the tie....I'd bet people would complain if somehow Mike grew a heart and decided it was the right thing to do

It would be the right thing to do given most league two clubs are struggling to survive in the middle of an unprecedented global pandemic? Yes we don't 'have' to but that's not really the point is it?

Well that's my ignorance I'll freely admit. I'd assumed that all league teams were routinely testing.

Simple solution should be if no test, then no match

Its shocking really that EFL clubs aren't testing but money really is tight. Read somewhere today about Spurs paying for Orient's tests and more than half came back positive. Orient played PLymouth at the weekend despite a few of their players not feeling well...

It should be the EFL covering the cost really, but for a club like NUFC to take such a risk over a few thousand pounds is just wrong