Tottenham Hotspur v Newcastle United- 27/09 @ 2pm live on Sky Sports

Disco

“The lads were tired after the magnificent cup effort. Perhaps we shouldn’t have taken that game so seriously, but there’s pressure from the fans for a cup run. hey, we’ll regroup at training tomorrow, check the injury list, do some fast running and get ready for the next one”

Bruce's tactics will be the same team and approach to the game last night.  In his mind he will now believe he has found the winning formula, just like he did after the West Ham match....

Normal service resumed, no planning, no preparation, no understanding of how our opposition will set up against us, no clue, heavy defeat, blame players, rinse and repeat.

“The lads were tired after the magnificent cup effort. Perhaps we shouldn’t have taken that game so seriously, but there’s pressure from the fans for a cup run. hey, we’ll regroup at training tomorrow, check the injury list, do some fast running and get ready for the next one”

Just threw up a little reading that.

If you're feeling pressure to beat a league 2 team you have no business being charge of a premier League team

‘It’s all a bit ‘after the Lord Mayor’s show’ isn’t it?  What can you do?  Let’s roll our sleeves up and focus on the next game’

It seems we spend an awful lot of time rolling our sleeves up. Just get tops that fit so they can concentrate on training.

These pre-match threads have been weird. Everyone absolutely certain we’d get something v Brighton despite them playing the sort of game that always takes the piss out of us. We’re not going to be pressing Spurs like Southampton did so I can’t see us being destroyed on the counter as we don’t really commit loads to an attack.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we scratted a draw or a daft win down there. Especially given they’re away in Europe this week.

pisses me off  every fucking time i hear him say that  :lol:.

that and his tongue.

These pre-match threads have been weird. Everyone absolutely certain we’d get something v Brighton despite them playing the sort of game that always takes the piss out of us. We’re not going to be pressing Spurs like Southampton did so I can’t see us being destroyed on the counter as we don’t really commit loads to an attack.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we scratted a draw or a daft win down there. Especially given they’re away in Europe this week.

it'll come down to whether son & kane can replicate their form from the weekend, southampton pressed and played a high line which played into their hands but they both looked sharp and deadly and we're no longer the solid defensive unit rafa left which is what got us through last year down there

mourinho gonna mourinho though so they might play like absolute shit