Rodrigo Gary Vilca

James

Strange that we practise free kicks without a wall.  Maybe Bacon is hoping other teams will let us shoot without putting a wall up cos he’s a really nice bloke.

It's a warm up not a training session.

Strange that we practise free kicks without a wall.  Maybe Bacon is hoping other teams will let us shoot without putting a wall up cos he’s a really nice bloke.

Which leads to the question why are they taking free kicks in the warm up?

Which leads to the question why are they taking free kicks in the warm up?

Because they want to?

Still seems a bit of a pointless drill to me.  How often do you get to strike a perfectly still ball just outside the box in a match situation?  But hey i’m no football genius so what do i know.

Guest Cheesy Beans

Random kid scores a cracker in knockabout with mates. Why the Athletic haven’t snapped up this cutting edge journalist is beyond me.

He’s put a video on Twitter of a newly signed player that people are interested in - he’s hardly wrote a full article on it ffs :lol:

Still seems a bit of a pointless drill to me.  How often do you get to strike a perfectly still ball just outside the box in a match situation?  But hey i’m no football genius so what do i know.

Players have done it for years in warm ups just before going in at the end. I think I’ve watched the senior team do it nearly every match.

The free kick drill is more of a range finder than an actual warm up. In most teams I've played in those that could end up taking free kicks have a couple after the warm up is finished. Its normally the same with corners as well

Guest Cheesy Beans

Ok then, given how outrageously successful we’ve been in recent years i’ll hold my hands up and admit it’s clearly a fantastic drill 👍

I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone get so upset with a tiny part of pre-match preparations :lol:

It’s not even usually a formal drill, just a kick about prior to going back into the dressing room.

Ok then, given how outrageously successful we’ve been in recent years i’ll hold my hands up and admit it’s clearly a fantastic drill 👍

I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone get so upset with a tiny part of pre-match preparations :lol:

It’s not even usually a formal drill, just a kick about prior to going back into the dressing room.

No one is upset here sweetheart.  Just commenting on something i observed and thought was odd.  Found your comment a bit irrelevant also.

Little tip for you though, people tend to use exclamation marks, swear words or emojis if they’re upset on an internet forum 👍

The free kick drill is more of a range finder than an actual warm up. In most teams I've played in those that could end up taking free kicks have a couple after the warm up is finished. Its normally the same with corners as well

Aye that makes sense but i still think it would be a lot more useful to have a wall there if it’s for players likely to take Free Kicks.  I mean, surely we’ve got the equipment and the staff to sort it out something that simple so why not?

Aye that makes sense but i still think it would be a lot more useful to have a wall there if it’s for players likely to take Free Kicks.  I mean, surely we’ve got the equipment and the staff to sort it out something that simple so why not?

Yeah, but the manager ain't going to be too chuffed if your top striker gets concussed by a practice free kick

Guest Cheesy Beans

No one is upset here sweetheart.  Just commenting on something i observed and thought was odd.  Found your comment a bit irrelevant also.

Little tip for you though, people tend to use exclamation marks, swear words or emojis if they’re upset on an internet forum 👍

What was odd about my comment?

Thanks for the tip.

That's a load of bollocks !!  :angry:

• 1 month later...