Football governance

Nobody

If they are kicked out of the domestic league and banned from internationals, this is gonna be the biggest honeytrap in history. The SL might do good for a few years, but someone has to be bottom of the league and they will be punchingbags week in week out. They will lose quality over time due to internationals being banned, and in the end it will become the "Sh*t League". 

All the money "cheating" clubs will be gone, and the PL will eventually be better off for it. We wont even need the saudi takeover, we just need rid of Ashley, and we can enjoy football again.

Seems like I'm the only person not outraged by this. Football sold its soul many years ago. This is just a by product of what the Premier League and its broadcasting partners, mainly Sky have created since the 1990s.

I class myself as a "traditional" supporter. Been going since the early/mid 80s but over the last few years my interest in the sport has been decreasing rapidly to the point where I watch very little live Football on TV, and I include my own team in that. I'll watch 5/10 mins then inevitably my attention strays to other things and I end up switching channels.

If what happens here ends up triggering some sort of "reset" in the English game I'll be delighted, but first these 6 clubs need to be told, once you're gone, you're gone for good and let's get back to a more level playing field in the English game.

7 minutes ago, snabelkabel said:

All the money "cheating" clubs will be gone, and the PL will eventually be better off for it. We wont even need the saudi takeover, we just need rid of Ashley, and we can enjoy football again.

Said it when this first came up a few months ago, and still agree with this now.  I'd rather not get taken over by Saudi Arabia and watch us playing competitive football against "lesser" teams in a league which isn't skewed and tainted by the super-rich.

Edited by OpenC

So 12 clubs that are in massive financial debt are going to borrow £5 billion spread it out between themselves and then hope to sell the rights to a TV company (DAZN Amazon) to make a global profit on an exhibition league with no competitive edge.  

For the purposes of clarity, the 6 PL clubs intend to STAY in the PL and this becomes an ongoing midweek competition, heavily financially incentivised.

Therefore, for the those thinking they intend leaving, they don't - they intend to be the top 6 forever with their additional financial muscle.

It's essentially pulling up the ladder on the likes of Leicester.

Absolute greed. Absolute pack of cunts and was always headed this way.

I just don’t see any way this would work. It would have to be the main competition for the teams entering it, as they’d make their own domestic leagues untenable.

If you were going to do a UEFA Nations sort of thing, which involved 10 teams from each of Spain, Italy, England and Germany split into two or three leagues, maybe it would have legs.

2 minutes ago, Ben said:

So 12 clubs that are in massive financial debt are going to borrow £5 billion spread it out between themselves and then hope to sell the rights to a TV company (DAZN Amazon) to make a global profit on an exhibition league with no competitive edge.  

Billions for a bunch of friendlies [emoji38]

Just now, Fantail Breeze said:

I just don’t see any way this would work. It would have to be the main competition for the teams entering it, as they’d make their own domestic leagues untenable.

If you were going to do a UEFA Nations sort of thing, which involved 10 teams from each of Spain, Italy, England and Germany split into two or three leagues, maybe it would have legs.

Football league and football union 

Well this is weird...

None of the directors of the 'big 6' are also director of a company that looks to be related to the Super league.

There is a company called 'European Super League Limited' registered but it has a single director and was registered in July 2014. It appears to promote a euro super league but theres no announcement or acknowledgements of yesterdays events on their website. My quickly formed best guess is that this company is a totally separate lobbying entity.

So...either they arnt planning on trading in the UK or its a bluff??

Anyway - Ive done this very quickly and i may have missed something.

6 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

For the purposes of clarity, the 6 PL clubs intend to STAY in the PL and this becomes an ongoing midweek competition, heavily financially incentivised.

Therefore, for the those thinking they intend leaving, they don't - they intend to be the top 6 forever with their additional financial muscle.

It's essentially pulling up the ladder on the likes of Leicester.

Absolute greed. Absolute pack of cunts and was always headed this way.

And this is the reason that the PL need to grow a pair, call them out and say that they'll be attracting too much external funding and as such will compromise the "integrity" of their competition (which is fucking laughs, of course, but you know what I mean)

Edited by OpenC

Just now, OpenC said:

And this is the reason that the PL need to grow a pair, call them out and say that they'll attracting too much external funding and will compromise the "integrity" of their competition (which is fucking laughs, of course, but you know what I mean)

Aye agreed.

7 hours ago, Inferior Acuña said:

I think it's very much focussed on the non-European market - I reckon people in the US would lap this up, these clubs are deeply embedded internationally as the top clubs and I think on the whole most would take this over a Champions League or PL without them.

You mean that the UCL will be left with none of those clubs that have their asses filled with Arab money? Oh... How sad.

11 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Isn't that more or less what the "International Champions League" that happens in the pre-season is about?

Cabine Desportiva
@CabineSport
·
32 min
Atalanta, Cagliari e Hellas Verona pedem a exclusão da Série A do Milan, Inter e Juventus, que concordaram em juntar-se à SuperLiga, informa "La Repubblica."

Translating: Those 3 teams are asking that Milan, Inter and Juve are expelled from Serie A, says "La Repubblica".

Just now, Fantail Breeze said:

This is royally going to kick off, isn’t it?

Didn’t quite understand the magnitude yesterday.

It’s a good time to be a legal company on a club or leagues retainer for sure.

Rangers and Celtic must be thinking that this gives them a chance of joining the Premier League to help fill avoid. Not that this wouldn't bring it's own issues for Scottish football.

The Premier League would recover from losing the big 6, a few years of clubs like Leicester, West Ham, us (?) fighting in a competitive league would soon bring interest right back, the big 6 is a man made concept anyway.

Fifa preventing players from playing at World Cups may have a huge impact on the super league as well. 

It gives the so called self appointed big six even more financial clout, buy all the best players available and make it impossible for anyone to break into their club. It is easy to imagine these big six doing all in their power to stop the takeover of NUFC because it might threaten them.