Football governance

Nobody

1 hour ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

A figure of £120m was reported by the Spanish media outlet AS, but that was from Perez’s ramblings, so not clear if it’s true or not.

I wouldn’t hang my hat on anything Pérez is saying. The whole thing seems so poorly constructed and I’ll thought out I highly doubt any contracts signed by clubs will see financial damages paid for the breaking of them. 

All I’d really be worried about seeing from all this is a reform in the league rules and structure of the PL with the FA I’d imagine so that it’s a clear case that if Man U or whoever want to go and play in a Super League it’s an automatic case of them forfeiting their place in the PL. 

If Man U want to go and play in a ESL, I wouldn’t really give an arse as long as they aren’t competing in the PL or even FA ran Salford district Leagues on a Sunday morn.

Principally Im of opinion it being the owners clubs/businesses they can do what they like with it, but as long as your competing in PL and FA competitions these are the rules.

That would put a stop to any breakout, as what with fan uproar a ESL model alone without PL or even CL competition will never add up, even before you consider the less than projected revenues gained from a ESL due to it’s toxic brand. 

Not expecting too much of a penalty enforced from PL on these teams, but that’s all I’d want put in place.

Edited by Abra Dubravka

TBF the fans of the top 6 have all universally said no to ESL, if a few people at the top continue to push for it then they need removing from their positions for the sake of their clubs.

As for Perez saying football will die if the ESL doesn't happen then he is further from reality than I thought 

3 minutes ago, Ben said:

TBF the fans of the top 6 have all universally said no to ESL, if a few people at the top continue to push for it then they need removing from their positions for the sake of their clubs.

As for Perez saying football will die if the ESL doesn't happen then he is further from reality than I thought 

His version might die but frankly I don't care if Real Madrid can't drop 100m on players anymore. 

The amount of poor money men in positions at football clubs is staggering, Aston Villa are hemorrhaging money and are currently spending 97% of turnover on wages for a bang average team. Bad accountancy is the biggest threat to modern day football not the format of how its played.

9 minutes ago, Hhtoon said:

His version might die but frankly I don't care if Real Madrid can't drop 100m on players anymore. 

then what is even the point of football if Perez can't spend €150m on Haaland?!! 

Perez's increasingly desperate chirping definitely sounds like a man scrambling for money because he owes the Mafia :lol: A few of those clubs are turbofucked.

Edited by thomas

Just now, Dr Jinx said:

Some of the clubs were rumoured to have only signed up for it days before it was announced.

Does a “cooling off period” apply in cases like this?

Not unless it provided for it in the contract.

Not been on BBC rumours page for a while, always a laugh whenever, but had a look earlier and every piece of transfer gossip involved at least one of the ESL clubs of not more. From small fry like Spurs wanting a striker from Northampton to Chelsea ‘eyeing up’ Haaland and Lukaku.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/56873666

Media coverage of these big clubs is just a meme. Activities of the recent week have only highlighted how bored of football I’ve become.

Sadly, even with Newcastle until Bruce clears off, and hopefully Ashley my heart is just not in it. Even if fans were allowed in like old days this season, for a fact I wouldn’t be spending time/money travelling home or away to watch this side managed by Bruce. 

Haven’t watched a full match that wasn’t Newcastle game in weeks now. Used to regularly stream whatever game was on that night, or even catch it up on a full match replay side - now I find it hard to imagine when I’ll ever be bothered enough to watch a whole game of Chelsea, Man U whoever. 

Used to quite like various teams from a neutral perspective, but just every side whether big or small seems to irritate me on some level. Only really Leeds and Man City I’ve any time for.

Edited by Abra Dubravka

Perez is a relentless c*nt.  He is so desperate that it makes me wonder how deep Real Madrid`s financial troubles really are? Much worse than they admit publicly? Spanish giants are one of the main reasons behind these ridiculous transfer fees and player salaries we see today.  Entitled s*itheads.

1 minute ago, FinnMag said:

Perez is a relentless c*nt.  He is so desperate that it makes me wonder how deep Real Madrid`s financial troubles really are? Much worse than they admit publicly? Spanish giants are one of the main reasons behind these ridiculous transfer fees and player salaries we see today.  Entitled s*itheads.

Yeah we’re talking about the club who’s fans were angry with only signing Hazard

6 hours ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

So like, what about point deductions?

But that would hurt the faaaans, and it's not their fault. 

Sorry, but so fucking what? Club owners doing stupid things which are completely out of the control of the fans, often directly against the wishes of the fans, hurts their fans. That's life and we know it as well as anyone. You could make this excuse about anything. Rangers fans didn't fiddle their taxes, Swindon fans didn't make illegal payments to players, but their fans had to watch them play in lower leagues. Newcastle fans didn't engage in state sponsored piracy of fucking Bein, but we're the ones hurt by the Premier League considering it to be relevant to the O&D test. "Well, that was a two footed tackle, but if I sent you off then you'll probably lose the final and that's not really fair on your fans, it wasn't them who went in with their studs up. Maybe you could just pay a fine and stay on the pitch so it only hurts you and not them?" 

I'm sure Everton, West Ham, Leicester, Wolves fans won't feel particularly hurt by it. Docking the rebel six points doesn't mean no fans get the enjoyment of finishing fourth or playing in Europe, just that it might be a different set of fans, instead of fans of teams where the owners care so little about the league that they tried to mount a coup against it.  

Dock them points, chuck them out of Europe, damage something they care about like their brand, not their overdraft. The attitude that you can solve problems just by chucking a load of money about is what caused this whole shitshow in the first place, and if they're allowed to buy their way out of it and maintain the same incredibly powerful position, knowing they're untouchable as a footballing force, then its going to happen again. 

Serie A has adopted a new rule that means any club entering a competition not approved by Uefa, Fifa and FIGC loses its Serie A membership. If PL and La Liga follow suit at least that should put an end to any chance of them trying again.