Football governance

Nobody

10 minutes ago, Sima said:

Have I missed the punishment for these six clubs?

Oh...

5% of all European football revenue deducted.

Edited by Froggy

Guest neesy111
9 minutes ago, Froggy said:

5% of all European football revenue deducted.

Where's the domestic punishment....

Just now, neesy111 said:

Where's the domestic punishment....

Wouldn't be fair on the fans really would it? This was a shameless cash grab by the owners. The only way to punish it is financially. 5% is pitiful though.

4 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Wouldn't be fair on the fans really would it? This was a shameless cash grab by the owners. The only way to punish it is financially. 5% is pitiful though.

Doesn't stop deductions for poor financial administration, does it? 

Do the feelings of fans of those clubs not matter?

Just now, Sima said:

Doesn't stop deductions for poor financial administration, does it? 

Do the feelings of fans of those clubs not matter?

Isn't that under the FA's jurisdiction and not UEFA?

1 minute ago, Sima said:

Not sure what UEFA have to do with domestic punishment, mind.

The Super League was a direct competitor to the Champions League. It was nothing to do with domestic football.

32 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Woah, what? :laugh: Despicable actions of owners have unfair impacts on the fans at basically all levels of the pyramid. Why should yous get away with it? 

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

The Super League was a direct competitor to the Champions League. It was nothing to do with domestic football.

Eh!? The impact on the domestic game would have been absolutely colossal! 

36 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Edit: looks like Yorkie beat me to it but I don't really see the argument about fans at all mind, at least not in line with points deductions for administration etc. Just seems a proper easy cop-out. 

Edited by TheHoob

4 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Mental.  This breakaway league would have been catastrophic to the domestic game.

Guest neesy111
8 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Apart from making the richer clubs richer in their domestic leagues.

Not fair on the fans, give me a break. The fans of the so-called big six have benefitted and continue to benefit handsomely from the clubs they support taking more than their fair share of the spoils, their club getting much more media coverage, competing in Europe, using their power and influence to minimise competition etc. Most of these fans that seemingly need protecting understand full well and feel strongly that their club was in the wrong over this. What's not fair is for the clubs not to be suitably punished where plenty of others have been over the years to the point of going out of business at times. I want them excluded from European competition for at least a season; they didn't feel they needed it anymore, so surely they can do without for a year or two. If UEFA won't do it, the FA should show some balls and rule out the 6 English culprits.

Got to be on the wind up? Not fair on the fans ffs, boo hoo. Neither is it when teams go into administration and get docked points.

Mind, Liverpool and Man U fans do seem to think they are special cases and deserve preferential treatment.

Can't stand the pair of them.

Edited by ToonArmy1892

23 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Not fair on the fans, give me a break. The fans of the so-called big six have benefitted and continue to benefit handsomely from the clubs they support taking more than their fair share of the spoils, their club getting much more media coverage, competing in Europe, using their power and influence to minimise competition etc. Most of these fans that seemingly need protecting understand full well and feel strongly that their club was in the wrong over this. What's not fair is for the clubs not to be suitably punished where plenty of others have been over the years to the point of going out of business at times. I want them excluded from European competition for at least a season; they didn't feel they needed it anymore, so surely they can do without for a year or two. If UEFA won't do it, the FA should show some balls and rule out the 6 English culprits.

Exactly...not fair on the fans? Bull.

It's not fair on the fans of every other teams that these clubs have tried to eliminate any competition to their financial dominance. Even fans of these clubs have objected to this absurd proposal, so fans thoughts have been a distant last in the consideration. 

There is/will be no meaningful punishment for this lot....5% of European revenue? What a pisstake. Means nothing to the ones that actually qualify as they generally can live without it for a few seasons. Even less of a punishment for the teams that might not even qualify (cough Arsenal, Tottenham)

Should have been a ban from qualification at least, and expulsion from this years competition. 

They've had a tap on the wrist, and been told 'don't do it again, or else', where or else is 'we might do something a bit harsher'

23 minutes ago, Shak said:

I usually skip your posts though so I don't know what that means.

See, initially I thought I'd be disappointed you weren't playing FF this year. Initially.