Football governance

Nobody

20 minutes ago, sbnufc said:

What would be their plan if everyone was just like "oh ok, sure, Sounds good. Go ahead" ?

Play Premier League on Saturday and then "european league" midweek? Champions League would be scrapped? What about Europa League?  What if Man Utd qualified for Europa league through the Prem, then had to play Prem sat, Euro league Tue, Europa league thurs?

I'm so confused with this "plan" :lol:

Or maybe those "big" 6 teams don't take part in the CL or EL? In which case what would be the point of even being in the Prem? They might as well leave anyway.  No scenario sounds even remotely good.

In that scenario Man-U obviously wouldn't play Europa League, it would be PL on the weekends and then the European Super League mid-week

Where they finish in the Premier League will be irrelevant as they will be guaranteed a place in the European Super League

I suspect the idea is that these clubs want the European Super League to take place and to continue playing domestically. They aren't concerned with what UEFA do with the CL or Europa League

I think best case scenario for them is they get what they want, the ESL and to continue in the PL, worst case scenario is they'll remain in the CL but will get more power (so one or several bad seasons doesn't keep them out of the CL) and more money 

44 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

In that scenario Man-U obviously wouldn't play Europa League, it would be PL on the weekends and then the European Super League mid-week

Where they finish in the Premier League will be irrelevant as they will be guaranteed a place in the European Super League

I suspect the idea is that these clubs want the European Super League to take place and to continue playing domestically. They aren't concerned with what UEFA do with the CL or Europa League

I think best case scenario for them is they get what they want, the ESL and to continue in the PL, worst case scenario is they'll remain in the CL but will get more power (so one or several bad seasons doesn't keep them out of the CL) and more money 

Premier League and UEFA have to stand firm and stick to what they were reporting earlier. The government also needs to continue the pressure. By allowing these greedy fuckers to get their way, will ruin the principle of competitive football forever. They have broken the FA and Premier League rules and can’t be allowed to get away with it.

8 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Premier League and UEFA have to stand firm and stick to what they were reporting earlier. The government also needs to continue the pressure. By allowing these greedy fuckers to get their way, will ruin the principle of competitive football forever. They have broken the FA and Premier League rules and can’t be allowed to get away with it.

Agreed, the next step from the PL and UEFA is huge, anything other than a zero tolerance approach and we know those clubs have basically won

The CL adopting the Swiss model was bad enough but this is on a whole new level 

The most likely scenario is that this is just a big bluff, and the leagues will attempt to call it, but they will reach a compromise where control of the CL is given over to clubs instead of being run by UEFA. More money will be redistributed amongst the clubs that qualify for it, and more matches will happen between the biggest teams. England ends up with 5 places instead of 4, Spain gets 5 instead of 4 etc, and the smallest leagues get squeezed out and have to qualify first, thus creating more teams of equal quality.

This will end up distorting domestic leagues even more as the revenue source for the biggest teams will become more predominantly separated from their domestic competitors.

Let's hope the takeover goes through soon or we will be in effect forever locked out. 

58 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

That'll be fun.  2023 Prem, 3rd, 7th, 9th and 10th qualify for the Champions League. 13th and you're in the Europa. So stupid :lol:

2 minutes ago, sbnufc said:

That'll be fun.  2023 Prem, 3rd, 7th, 9th and 10th qualify for the Champions League. 13th and you're in the Europa. So stupid :lol:

Exactly, would make an absolute mockery of the Premier League

Better to kick these clubs out, whilst the standard might drop as would revenues but long term the league would be better for it 

Those clubs need the domestic league more than they realise, I just hope the PL and others are willing to go as far as expulsion otherwise those clubs will take advantage and football overall will be worse off 

18 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

You’d like to think those in charge of the relevant affected organisations were up all night putting a plan together to punish these clubs. 

As if. You know Masters would be "I'm tired and I'm going to bed. Can we talk about this in the morning please."

Its probably and more predictably going to be a day of grovelling trying to find a compromise with these teams. Hope it's the opposite and jettisoning them. 

Regardless of the money and power, it's a pretty stinking idea for fans to follow those clubs. Imagine, these cunts play each other maybe 3-4 times at the group stage of aiming for the knockout stages/play offs to have the chance of playing the same cunts again. They play that to be part of the Grand Finale which they play one of the same cunts. Win that so that they can be crowned the Cunt of Cunts Champions. Fast forward a few months after the 'off-season', they go again facing the same cunts again. Eat, sleep, greed, repeat.

And I'd imagine if one of their invited teams actually win the damn thing, they'd never be invited again. :lol:

Edited by nufcjb

1 minute ago, 54 said:

You can tell the line "The money will filter down to grassroots" was put in last minute due to the uproar prior to the announcement.

Greedy cunts.

Agents will be the filter and not much gets through them.

Just now, Miggys First Goal said:

What happens to these invited teams anyway? Do they get to stay in the ESL or do they get kicked out after a season to go and play in their normal shitty league?

Up to the Dirty Dozen what they wish to do with the guests.