Football governance

Nobody

All of these clubs are replaceable. Football will always exist no matter what. Where the fuck were Man City until 10 years ago or whenever they got the cash injection. Any team given time can grow bigger. Imagine how much bigger Leeds or Newcastle could be if we were top of the league every season and winning trophies. Perceived size of clubs can change all the time. Yes most of these 12 teams have great history within football, but what good is that history if it's now going to be erased? 

I'm on the side of, fuck these clubs. If they want to go, let them. New clubs will take their place and grow. Yes the league will suffer initially maybe but long term, it will eventually balance itself out and the teams that left will be begging to be allowed back. 

7 minutes ago, huss9 said:

premier wont be able to kick them out as then sky/amazon/bt/bein etc etc would refuse to pay what they'd agreed. premier league cubs cant afford that kind of loss.

this is going through and will be alongside the premier league.

football is fucked.

Interesting that PSG aren't involved, which indicates that beIN are not in favour of it and do you think Gary Neville would have been allowed to have his rant it Sky were in support? It looks like the main broadcasters are being cut out by the big clubs and they will be as unhappy about it as the associations.

Edited by Jackie Broon

there must be something going on. these clubs must have something up their sleeves. 

players arent going ti give up the world cup, and the clubs cant not play in their domestic leagues.

1 minute ago, POOT 2.0 said:

Should I be embarrassed that I've never even heard of the ECA? :lol:

Same. Never heard of them before tonight and they've just destroyed football for me for the first time in the 38 years I've been alive. 

Edited by Scotty66

The whole point of sport is open and fair competition. Yes you have some leagues in USA but they have draft systems to keep them balanced (or try to). Relegation and promotion is key aspect of European football. This is simply some rich club wanting something else rather than champions league, which they then run and control. Utter fucking joke kick them all out. 

4 minutes ago, huss9 said:

there must be something going on. these clubs must have something up their sleeves. 

players arent going ti give up the world cup, and the clubs cant not play in their domestic leagues.

Aye, this is my thinking at the minute, like surely this can't be it, can it? [emoji38]

1 minute ago, alexf said:

All of these clubs are replaceable. Football will always exist no matter what. Where the fuck were Man City until 10 years ago or whenever they got the cash injection. Any team given time can grow bigger. Imagine how much bigger Leeds or Newcastle could be if we were top of the league every season and winning trophies. Perceived size of clubs can change all the time. Yes most of these 12 teams have great history within football, but what good is that history if it's now going to be erased? 

I'm on the side of, fuck these clubs. If they want to go, let them. New clubs will take their place and grow. Yes the league will suffer initially maybe but long term, it will eventually balance itself out and the teams that left will be begging to be allowed back. 

I'd probably be just as ecstatic to see NUFC win a post-big-6 PL as I would the current version. But if this were to happen, the big loss to the PL and its clubs, I suppose, is the aspiration of qualifying the biggest and most lucrative club competition in the planet. Losing that goal, and the financial injections it brings to those who get there, could have major ramifications with ripples down the leagues. And of course, the PL itself becomes a less attractive an investment. If the PL is less wealthy, so becomes everyone in it and beneath it. 

Pure selfishness and greed in the midst of a fucking pandemic where clubs are going bust. Horrible bastards.

3 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

Same. Never heard of them before tonight and they've just destroyed football for me for the first time in the 38 years I've been alive. 

Err nah :lol:

The ECA are the ones against this