Football governance

Nobody

1 minute ago, Bizza said:

Have all the players and managers of these clubs been gagged or something? the silence from them is getting deafening.

Guess they're frantically trying to decide what it means for them, and what to do. 

I wouldn't expect too many players to speak out TBH, although they might be pressed on it in interviews. 

Don't see any possible reason for allowing these 6 cunts to play in the PL and their new league too. The whole point of the league is to establish who the best teams are and reward them with European football and who are the worst teams and punish them with relegation. If the teams already know that those 6 are the ones who get rewarded then what's the fucking point? Where's the drama? There's no point in trying to win as there's no reward. Games and leagues you have no chance of succeeding in will get very dull very quickly. 

The only reason these 6 want to continue is so they continue to get 2 slices off pie rather than just one. Giz this ESL cash... and giz a nice wedge of the PL cash too brav. They shouldn't even be negotiating with them. Bin them before the end of the season and prevent them from kicking another domestic football again. Every team in the club, every level. The rest of the English football pyramid will be absolutely sorted within a few years. 

2 minutes ago, triggs said:

They probably have been gagged like

Theyll be gagged no doubt as theyre employed by the clubs.

However, i would imagine those players who are internationals may be seeking clarification on where they stand

Even if you ignore everything else that's wrong with this, the announced group of teams is just incredibly boring, isn't it? You can't call it a super league if the likes of Bayern, Dortmund and PSG aren't in it :lol: It's basically just Premier League with a couple of Spanish and Italian teams chucked in

Just now, Nobody said:

Even if you ignore everything else that's wrong with this, the announced group of teams is just incredibly boring, isn't it? You can't call it a super league if the likes of Bayern, Dortmund and PSG aren't in it :lol: It's basically just Premier League with a couple of Spanish and Italian teams chucked in

That's what I was saying yesterday. One fundamental problem is that it's not very good. 

Just now, Nobody said:

Why would any other team want to join on merit and risk being expelled from their domestic league? They are so sure another 10 teams will sign up but unless it’s weak leagues like turkey then no one is going to risk it.

Just now, r0cafella said:

If this does go ahead the big clubs will all have to join sadly. 

if not, they will just be left behind financially over the long term. Unfortunately these clubs have everyone by the balls. 

Big risk to think this Super League could go it alone without normal league and cup games behind it. I think there isolation would be a massive test. Rest of the football world should shun them if they break away. I'm actually fascinated to let them fuck off a little. Rather forget those clubs exist. Premier League would be fascinating immediately to watch next season with out the "big 6".

1 minute ago, hakka said:

Big risk to think this Super League could go it alone without normal league and cup games behind it. I think there isolation would be a massive test. Rest of the football world should shun them if they break away. I'm actually fascinated to let them fuck off a little. Rather forget those clubs exist. Premier League would be fascinating immediately to watch next season with out the "big 6".

I don’t see the domestic competitions throwing them out tbh. 

we are surely going to see a deflation for the left behind clubs though. I can’t see the tv deals commanding such high sums especially the champions league. 

1 minute ago, NE27 said:

Say they do get their wish and remain in the PL. Holy fuck imagine the atmospheres man! It'll be a constant barrage of abuse!

It would almost be unfair, in a sense. When Man Utd next come to SJP, with a full backing of away supporters, there won't be a single representative of theirs in the ground that day who is responsible for this situation. It's the outside influences, ie the owners and the regulators who've let it get to that point. Booing the likes of Cesar Azpilicueta and Andrew Robertson would be missing the point entirely. Tempting nonetheless. :lol:

It takes a lot for me to feel for the fans of clubs like them, but I do. Having your club succumb to the Bodysnatchers treatment isn't something I'd wish on anyone. We've felt it, it's awful, worse than just being rubbish.