Football governance

Nobody

Over the last 48 hours I keep seeing the Premier League referred to as a pyramid. Has it ever been called that before? Aren’t pyramids used to represent social structures with a few rich leaders at the top and a bunch of proles at the bottom? 

Edited by Candi_Hills

Just now, Candi_Hills said:

Over the last 48 hours I keep seeing the Premier League referred to as a pyramid. Has it ever been called that before? And pyramids used to represent social structures with a few rich leaders at the top and a bunch of proles at the bottom? 

Yes and Yes

Just now, Disco said:

It’s the amateurishness that annoys me as much as anything. Genuinely think I could devise better rigged super league myself that would at least not be overtly shit and destroyed within 48 hours and if it was I’d at least front it out. Honestly man.

That and it being different levels of shit of course. Not that the current alternative is in anyway good or well run from a sporting perspective.

yep while I despise this idea I really hate the stupidity on show here, where was the PR did they consult anybody on how to deal with a potential backlash? Christ I think Ashley might have done a better job on this 

The fact that these few men can balls this up so comprehensively, and look so amateurish doing it, just shows how football is run. Clueless rich blokes messing about with something they don’t understand and have no business having control of. 

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

The fact that these few men can balls this up so comprehensively, and look so amateurish doing it, just shows how football is run. Clueless rich blokes messing about with something they don’t understand and have no business having control of. 

mike-ashley-laughing-360.jpg

The Tottenham statement is laughable, if you don’t have the money, then don’t spend it. Don’t pretend this is anything but trying to clear your debts;

We felt it was important that our club participated in the development of a possible new structure that sought to better ensure financial fair play and financial sustainability whilst delivering significantly increased support for the wider football pyramid’.

I can't wait to find out where it all went wrong. It's clearly been a botch job from the word go. The whole reveal on Sunday just felt extremely rushed; I mean look at that website ffs. Yeah, I know, incompetence, but not this incompetent.

Feels like whatever plan they had got forcibly thrown out the window for some reason, meaning they were forced into an early reveal on Sunday, and so couldn't get their PR ducks in a row, and it's been easily trashed. 

Just now, andyc35i said:

The Tottenham statement is laughable, if you don’t have the money, then don’t spend it. Don’t pretend this is anything but trying to clear your debts;

We felt it was important that our club participated in the development of a possible new structure that sought to better ensure financial fair play and financial sustainability whilst delivering significantly increased support for the wider football pyramid’.

Crash and burn you fuckers!

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

I can't wait to find out where it all went wrong. It's clearly been a botch job from the word go. The whole reveal on Sunday just felt extremely rushed; I mean look at that website ffs. Yeah, I know, incompetence, but not this incompetent.

Feels like whatever plan they had got forcibly thrown out the window for some reason, meaning they were forced into an early reveal on Sunday, and so couldn't get their PR ducks in a row, and it's been easily trashed. 

The whole thing is like an elaborate April Fools

Just now, Yorkie said:

I heard that it had been delayed a week as it stood, clearly not everyone was as committed to the idea as Perez or Angelli with City and Chelsea obviously being half hearted in joining, god think of the positive pr they passed up by joining if they had stayed out they could have lived off that pr for decades instead they get lumped in with the rest 

I think Perez and Agnelli convinced everyone they had to go now if they were going to force UEFAs hand etc as half probably expected it to fall through with concessions from premier league and uefa but probably after a few months negotiation. Instead it turned out their hand was actually that rules card you get which doesnt do much in poker and they were all left arse out in the wind