Football governance

Nobody

Guest reefatoon

This is insane. What kind of deterrent is that? The whole thing fucking stinks. Part of me doesn't want the takeover so I can just completely wash my hands of it all. It's corrupt as fuck.

Fuck that let them leave if 20m is best they can muster.

They were trying to reform the game at the top level for their own financial gain. 20m is almost an insult if not wholly expected.

Yet our takeover is being scrutinised to the nth degree, odd the PL to say the least.

2 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

But but, not fair on fans and stuff.

Thinking back..the last time any club was properly done over for dodgy activities was probably Serie A relegating Juventus.

15 years later what did it actually achieve?...they're still more or less the main challengers in Italy. And when a team (Atlanta) does well enough to get to Europe, the Serie A powers bleat on that they shouldn't be allowed in on 'historical' grounds.

Just now, ToonArmy1892 said:

Just been on the Man Utd forum, not even a thread about this. :lol:

There will be no energy from the broadcasters either. They went from "Disgusting! Worst thing to ever happen! Football genocide!" to business as usual in the space of about 2 weeks. Maybe Neville will have a whine somewhere, but that's it.

Guest neesy111
Just now, Kimbo said:

There will be no energy from the broadcasters either. They went from "Disgusting! Worst thing to ever happen! Football genocide!" to business as usual in the space of about 2 weeks. Maybe Neville will have a whine somewhere, but that's it.

Suspect broadcasters don't want big fines as it'll hit on purchasing power of the clubs for top stars etc.

Guest neesy111
14 minutes ago, Ben said:

Is there any information as to how its paid, obviously everyone is hard up these days so do they have a payment plan in place ?

Klarna, no background checks needed.

I don't think it's fucked just yet, for the simple reason that the Super6 fans rebelled against it, however the fact no media outfit has come out against this pittance of a fine has firmly drawn the line between us and them.

That's a week's or two of Pogba's wages. Less than the agent fee to get Kane to wherever he ends up. 

Digusting. PL corrupt as we all know. Masters pockets something too I guess.

Edited by nufcjb

The 30 point deduction if they sign up to something like this again interests me, because the original threat was expulsion from the premier league. So have they just negotiated themselves into a position where they can be in both leagues? £20m and 30 points would be fuck all compared to the upside.

The chief executive Richard Masters and chairman Gary Hoffman pushed for the six clubs to agree to the fines, full apologies and a block on any further breakaway – all of which could be delivered quickly. The prospect of individual club fines of little under £4m might dismay some fans, but a more lenient sentence further down the line could be even more damaging. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/06/08/premier-league-announce-fines-millions-rebel-clubs-involved/