Football governance

Nobody

I'd love a CL with some teams like us, Leicester, West Ham, Everton in it. Don't mind if its not againts Real or Barca or Juve. They are past their prime. Getting to see and play other European teams would attract new fans and the clubs would grow.

But what Gary Neville said is spot on. Man Utd aren't even in the Champions League, Arsenal aren't in the Champions League, Spurs got knocked out of the Europa League ffs yet acting all biggish. Liverpool should be fucking embarrassed. Won the league for the first time in 30 years, have been shit this year defending it and now wants to have a dance with the big boys. And they say they're a proud club?

2 minutes ago, Giselle said:

Why? Smaller leagues don’t generate enough domestic TV and ticket revenue. Why should other leagues subsidise them? 

Because you want the Champions League to be more competitive :lol:

Unfortunately this is the greed of owners who don't care about football or fans, only money.

No glory, no once in lifetime achievements for some clubs and their fans.....just lining their already fat pockets.

Football will have to change, it's eating itself with the greed from the cunts who think they're the top bollocks.

Edited by Bimpy474

1 minute ago, Nobody said:

Because you want the Champions League to be more competitive :lol:

I also accept the reality of the world that we live in and know that there’s no way successful teams and leagues will subsidise smaller, less successful leagues. [emoji38]

So the only way to make the champions league more competitive is to fix the coefficients system to limit the entrance of low quality teams. 

6 minutes ago, Giselle said:

I also accept the reality of the world that we live in and know that there’s no way successful teams and leagues will subsidise smaller, less successful leagues. [emoji38]

So the only way to make the champions league more competitive is to fix the coefficients system to limit the entrance of low quality teams. 

And thus limit worldwide interest in the sport, creating lower revenue. In one way you'd be making the playing field more even as there'd be more interest in the domestic leagues.

6 minutes ago, Giselle said:

Man United, who are cruising to second place in the "best league in da world" got knocked out of the group stages. Seems to me like we should have fewer teams from the PL and let more teams from smaller nations in :thup:

So any ideas about this 9.30pm announcement? Surely the PL has to take action against the clubs named even if it ends up falling on its arse? Will it even be confirmed it's going ahead or could it be an announcement that its cancelled? 

14 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal, Tottenham, Liverpool and Chelsea........just utter greedy scumbag clubs.

Kick them out of all competitions, arrogant wankers who no nothing of tradition and fair sport.

Spot on.

I find the rank hypocrisy from the PL an absolute fucking joke. All they’ve done in the past 20+ years is insulate the top 8 from competition. Whether it’s FFP, takeovers, or such like, the fact they’re kicking off and using the argument of ‘fair competition’ is such bullshit

I would dock these 6 clubs 10 points and make a stand as big as that. It wouldn’t change who wins the league or who goes down, the only thing it would do is make Chelsea, Spurs and Liverpool have no chance of catching West Ham and Leicester for a top 4

1 minute ago, toon25 said:

Spot on.

I find the rank hypocrisy from the PL an absolute fucking joke. All they’ve done in the past 20+ years is insulate the top 8 from competition. Whether it’s FFP, takeovers, or such like, the fact they’re kicking off and using the argument of ‘fair competition’ is such bullshit

Think they'll go through the announcement. Too much for them to abandonned their project. Money in their accounts already I predict.

1 minute ago, andyc35i said:

I would dock these 6 clubs 10 points and make a stand as big as that. It wouldn’t change who wins the league or who goes down, the only thing it would do is make Chelsea, Spurs and Liverpool have no chance of catching West Ham and Leicester for a top 4

No, kick them out. No point saying step in line or we’ll kick you out and then giving them a 10 point deduction which will mean fuck all if they push their proposals away.

Kick them out. You think Messi who has been asking Barca for more money is going to stay there when the have no games left to play, or go to a club where he can play and be allowed to play in the World Cup?

People are stupid enough to think that the big players won’t just ship when the clubs are out in impossible positions and they are banned from playing football. See how long the Premier League is unviable without the top 6 then.

Just now, toon25 said:

Spot on.

The reaction of all the major players has shown this will be hard to get off the ground, i just hope these scumbags still get punished.

In what way if it happens will be interesting.

3 minutes ago, triggs said:

It is quite hypocritical people complaining about the greed of these clubs while praying for a Saudi takeover

A potential Saudi takeover is not threatening to actually upend the regulations and merit-based format of both the domestic and European competition though.

Edited by TheInfiniteOdyssey

Would love it if some high-profile players submitted transfer requests on the back of this. And currently there'd be no Mbappe, Neymar, Lewandowski etc in it?

If this league doesn't start until 2022, they should just forbid the teams from domestic football next season. And the players would get agitated at being football-less.

Edited by Ketsbaia

1 minute ago, triggs said:

It is quite hypocritical people complaining about the greed of these clubs while praying for a Saudi takeover

That's got nothing to do with it, unless the Saudi's planned to take us into the same super league.

There's nothing wrong in being owned by someone rich, as long their intentions are fair and proper.