Football governance

Nobody

3 minutes ago, Stifler said:

No, kick them out. No point saying step in line or we’ll kick you out and then giving them a 10 point deduction which will mean fuck all if they push their proposals away.

Kick them out. You think Messi who has been asking Barca for more money is going to stay there when the have no games left to play, or go to a club where he can play and be allowed to play in the World Cup?

People are stupid enough to think that the big players won’t just ship when the clubs are out in impossible positions and they are banned from playing football. See how long the Premier League is unviable without the top 6 then.

Interesting question - if Barca got kicked out of La Liga would the registration they have for Messi become invalid and he's therefore a free transfer (and repeat across all the clubs) 

30 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal, Tottenham, Liverpool and Chelsea........just utter greedy scumbag clubs.

Kick them out of all competitions, arrogant wankers who no nothing of tradition and fair sport.

Indeed.

Spurs, 60 years with no domestic title, and they've only ever won it twice. 

Whatever they announce tonight, the least punishment they should get is a points deduction for the utter disrespect they have shown for the game.

Edited by nufcjb

7 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

That's got nothing to do with it, unless the Saudi's planned to take us into the same super league.

There's nothing wrong in being owned by someone rich, as long their intentions are fair and proper.

I must admit that it is a funny situation that the PL are ‘taking a stand’ against this type of super rich investment coming in to our club when they let it happen before - it’s the reason for this mess occurring in the first place because it’s all about money 

Where does it end though?

The 1st million pound per week player wage? The first £50m agent fee?

If there talking about giving 2 agents £20m EACH for 'brokering' the Haaland sale then theres already too much money in the game.

3 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

Where does it end though?

The 1st million pound per week player wage? The first £50m agent fee?

If there talking about giving 2 agents £20m EACH for 'brokering' the Haaland sale then theres already too much money in the game.

It’s only a matter of time anyway tbh

1 hour ago, Giselle said:

This ignores the reality of what happens in other sports. Viewership is highest in tennis when Federer, Nadal and Djokovic play each other in the finals of grand slams. It’s only through repeated competition do compelling storylines develop. You just can’t ignore these realities. People inherently prefer seeing the same names and same stars play each other in important matches. 

And yet they still have knockout competitions, where Nadal, Djokovic and Federer can be eliminated. They should instead take the top 10 seeded as of right now, and let them play eachother in a super league for the rest of eternity.

Would improve viewership by the tenfolds. I see no potential downside to this arrangement.

The initial appetite for this appears zero (from supporters) let's hope it stays that way. I'm a bit wary that once the shock of this has waned the fans of these clubs may be sold the dream. The whole thing has got me more riled than it should.

We'd have missed out on Haalands big break through if Giselle had his way, as Austria might not be deemed big enough to have a team in there. Just another reason his reasoning is absolute bullshit. 

I've no issue with the claim that Barcelona , Real Madrid, Manchester United or Liverpool generate more interest in whatever competition they play in. I do with Spurs, Arsenal, Man City and Chelsea. The key word is competition. A super league is essentially the clubs pulling the ladder up. In one way it's funny , Masters and the Premier League allowed the concerns of Spurs and Liverpool and of course the UAE ran Manchester City to influence their handling of Newcastle United's proposed takeover. All three now are in breach of the Premier League's own rules. 

7 minutes ago, frankpingel said:

The initial appetite for this appears zero (from supporters) let's hope it stays that way. I'm a bit wary that once the shock of this has waned the fans of these clubs may be sold the dream. The whole thing has got me more riled than it should.

Not the proper fans, I don’t think.

Some of my best memories following this club are sitting on a bus for 8 hours heading down to shitholes like Fratten Park only to see us get turned over. It isn’t just about the football, suppose the plastic Man Utd glory hunters may not see it like that mind. 

2 minutes ago, deejeck said:

What the fuck is this?!

Some guys pitiful attempt at humour. He even has a poll on asking if he should do it. Not to mention Ghodoussi has already slammed the idea a few hours ago.