Football governance

Nobody

2 minutes ago, triggs said:

Was an announcement ever confirmed by anyone reputable?

Multiple sources reported an announcement tonight. That of course might have been before the barrage of abuse and condemnation lol. Could have been leaked without their approval. Would be shocked if they weren't taking time to work out their next move. That said there is surely no way there are sitting there saying "Weird, why does no one like this?". 

Fuck the Super League bs and fuck the PL . Go back to 92 league clubs 4 divisions , John Motson commentating etc - no play offs , you get third in division 2 etc you get promoted . That or id rather the whole fucking disgrace that football has become just imploded and fans found something more meaningful to do with their time and money . Oh and fuck players becoming multi millionaires - let them run a pub or sell insurance like Geoff Hurst and countless others had to do 

5 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Everyone absolutely scrambling to protect the bag :lol:

I’m surprised to see the politicians come out so strongly though.  

Local elections coming up mate and they've just had to have an unplanned week off campaigning. 

Just now, POOT 2.0 said:

While I'm sure it'll make big bucks in the beginning...surely the reason these teams are huge is because they've dominated their respective national leagues and grown as a result. 10 years into a super league and most of them will be perceived as a 'mid-table' club or a 'bottom club' as with any other league. Perception is key...and they're creating a future super-duper 6. One where the rest of the league will resent them. 

Personally...I think domestic football will thrive when they go. Advertising companies will want to seem loyal to nations and big advertising will continue to flow into domestic football in order to tell consumers...'we are thinking about you'. They can't show loyalty to just a few cities when trying to sell to a nation. 

From a sporting perspective absolutely but as we ourselves have proven the sport doesn’t matter. Its all about money. 

7 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Everyone absolutely scrambling to protect the bag :lol:

I’m surprised to see the politicians come out so strongly though.  

its an easy PR win in a time when most governments are being hammered for covid etc so macron, boris etc will go for it 

2 minutes ago, POOT 2.0 said:

While I'm sure it'll make big bucks in the beginning...surely the reason these teams are huge is because they've dominated their respective national leagues and grown as a result. 10 years into a super league and most of them will be perceived as a 'mid-table' club or a 'bottom club' as with any other league. Perception is key...and they're creating a future super-duper 6. One where the rest of the league will resent them. 

Personally...I think domestic football will thrive when they go. Advertising companies will want to seem loyal to nations and big advertising will continue to flow into domestic football in order to tell consumers...'we are thinking about you'. They can't show loyalty to just a few cities when trying to sell to a nation. 

If they are actually serious about it I only imagine they will slowly accept new teams in as they feel and see fit until they grow their own global league and stick two fingers up at fifa. 

1 minute ago, POOT 2.0 said:

Yep. Which is why I was talking about advertisers. They're the big revenue throughout the sport. 

For advertising this new league is probably a better product as they get to showcase themselves next to the “elite”