Football governance

Nobody

EFL clubs really are thicker than a butcher's block. this 'bail out' they would be getting is actually only a loan which will be recovered from future revenues for them.

turkeys voting for Christmas the lot of them.

So, reducing the Premier League from 20 to 18 teams - Project Big Picture. The bad news is... it doesn't work. But... look, big picture, so what? Maybe we shouldn't be in the football business at all, maybe we should look at human rights or global warming. I mean, these are just ideas, but... where's the humanity? I suppose that's what I want to ask you today, if anything. Where is the humanity?

Right, OK, you can stop the murmuring. Please... stop murmuring. Unless you think it's nice to murmur at someone who's... dying! Yup, that's right, I've got coronavirus.

Guest neesy111

EFL clubs really are thicker than a butcher's block. this 'bail out' they would be getting is actually only a loan which will be recovered from future revenues for them.

turkeys voting for Christmas the lot of them.

Yeap, no parachute payments.  That's essentially where the money is coming from.

How can an EFL club have any kind of say in a decision that would impact the non 9 in the PL in a massive way. As it is their opinion is out of sheer desperation.

The less important members of the PL should come up with a proposal to help the EFL in an open and fair way. This Big Picture shite needs closed down ASAP. The spin will have them as the good guys and the rest of the PL as the bad guys.

Would love the Saudis to come up with some offer of help to the EFL and see the fall out from that. The so called Big 6 can never be trusted again, in fact revisit them under the fit and proper test for trying to steal our national sport for their own greed and benefit to the detriment of every other club. Is that really who the PL want owning the clubs?

The proposal is a complete piss take for clubs who have the capacity to upset the apple cart in the short to medium term such as us, Leicester, Wolves, Leeds, Villa etc. And for clubs lower down who could be in that position at some point, I mean look at Brentford who were in the 4th tier as recently as 2009 and are now on the verge of the PL.

So it affects every club as it completely removes the concept of being in control of your own destiny - the whole pyramid would be at the mercy of in reality 6 clubs who would always vote in their own self interest.

And it is designed so those clubs would never fall outside that position of power. The fact they've dressed it up as a necessity to finally start distributing revenue a bit more fairly is transparently cynical in the extreme.

At least it'll be funny when the evil plan they've been hatching for 3 years gets kicked into touch by the PL clubs they're trying to fuck over.

Why is there supposed to be some sort of vote on this today? What is the criteria for a plan being put to a vote, just a couple of clubs' desires? What's to stop a whole raft of crazy proposals from all corners in that case?

I might have missed something obvious as Ive not been paying that much attention to it.

Its such a great idea. In fact why not use it in British politics?  Pick a couple of post codes, say W8 and SW7, give the rest of us 250 quid off our council tax for a couple of years before adding it back on with interest. And let them make political decisions for all of us instead of that awful voting thing we have to endure every few years.  Sorted! :idiot2: :fool:

Guest Cheesy Beans

Not surprised, considering who he works for, but this deliberate ignorance is appalling

Of course Sky are all for it. Sky don’t even realise there are 14 other clubs in the league :lol:

Not surprised, considering who he works for, but this deliberate ignorance is appalling

Of course Sky are all for it. Sky don’t even realise there are 14 other clubs in the league :lol:

BBC are no different. I think it's probably why the royal family still endures, we just seem to have the class system deeply engraved in our souls.

If they're oh so genuine in about their desire to help the lower leagues, then why can't they all immediately agree to a similar 'bail-out' for all EFL clubs without any sort of restructure?

Edit: I hadn't seen the above story. :lol:

I can sympathise with Championship clubs to an extent. The majority have to spend above their means and rely on the TV money once they get there just to have a chance of competing. If they didn’t, they’d go down without even a whimper, so what’s the point in trying to get promoted?

I can sympathise with Championship clubs to an extent. The majority have to spend above their means and rely on the TV money once they get there just to have a chance of competing. If they didn’t, they’d go down without even a whimper, so what’s the point in trying to get promoted?

well they could start by not spending 107% collectively of their revenue of wages before all this shit kicked off. A lot of teams have been gambling majorly with the hopes of hitting the jackpot with promotion it was going to blow up in their faces sooner or later, covids just accelerated the process

Watch Liverpool and Man U fans try to claim credit for saving the football league. “It would never have happened if we didn’t try to seize power.”

Have a few questions like. 

Why did this go to a vote?  There was a leak to the papers about secret talks going back 3 years a few days ago and today all PL clubs actually voted on it.  Seems weird.

The 2/6/whatever clubs that were proposing this must have expected it to get rejected, was it therefore simply an initial bargaining position?

The talk of a "prompt strategy review" worries me, I don't want to see anyone bending to any of their whims whatsoever.