Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

2 hours ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

It's not about opinions, it's about stats. Mitro's are shocking in the PL.

What are you basing this on? There must be something obvious that I'm missing for you to be so absolutely sure.

Who do you manage by the way, given that you know more about football than Champions League winner Rafa Benitez I'm assuming you're doing quite well for yourself.

1 in 4 for a striker in poor teams, at Premier League level, clearly isn't "shocking". 

Yeah regardless of whether or not either are good enough, I was confused Rafa was playing Gayle and Joselu over Mitrovic in 2017/18 (before he eventually left)

At the time Gayle had 14 in 64 in the Prem and offered even less away from goals. It's now 25 in 132. Joselu has 10 in 68.

I don't even think Mitrovic is great and as I said I don't want him back, but there's enough evidence to say he is a goal scorer when he's first choice and his relegation history is harsh on him given the lack of creativity he's surrounded by. Most relegated strikers don't get into double figures, whereas he did in 2018.

He has scored 41 goals in 64 games for Serbia. That's a great record. He doesn't have the same form at club level of course but he has scored 174 goals in his career. He clearly isn't "shocking". 

Some absolutely wild opinions on this board at times.

Guest HTT II
1 hour ago, samptime29 said:

He has scored 41 goals in 64 games for Serbia. That's a great record. He doesn't have the same form at club level of course but he has scored 174 goals in his career. He clearly isn't "shocking". 

Some absolutely wild opinions on this board at times.

He’s an average Premier League level striker on his best day, but needs to be in the right team/set-up and style to fully function regularly even then. At international level where it’s slower and less taxing on him energy and pace wise he fares better. That and he’s up against a lot of bang poor or average sides. 

Guest HTT II
31 minutes ago, La Parka said:

He isn't suited to the modern premier League game. Throw him back 20 years and he'd be a star. 

He’d fare a whole lot better in an era where the likes of James Beattie were stand out CF’s (for a period anyway).

I bet the other teams fighting for the top four are delighted to see that Man Utd team.

Ridiculous they’re put in a position where they have three games in six days. Even more ridiculous that two of those three games are incredibly important to the opposing teams.

1 minute ago, Anderson said:

Can’t even begin to imagine the fume on Liverpool if they roll over for these tonight and then beat them Thursday to keep them out the top 4. :lol: 

West ham will not be happy as well. I said in the betting thread Man U were odds on before the team was announced, but now 5/2.

16 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

I bet the other teams fighting for the top four are delighted to see that Man Utd team.

Ridiculous they’re put in a position where they have three games in six days. Even more ridiculous that two of those three games are incredibly important to the opposing teams.

Still a lot of quality in it and on the bench. I still fancy them to win

7 hours ago, St. Maximin said:

Sorry I have a different opinion to you. Thanks for your very kind words though :bluestar:

I was talking about in the Premier League by the way if that helps. I know Gayle was much better in the Championship, but he definitely isn't a better Premier League striker and Joselu certainly isn't. Saying that, maybe you should go check Mitrovic's stats in the Championship since 2017? You know, as in more recently, when he was actually first choice unlike when Rafa was manager.

38 in 57 is pretty good.

Mitrovic should go somewhere like Italy he’d get 12-15 in Serie A at a Europa League level side.