Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

That is actually fucking ridiculous, the ref walked over to the monitor, looked for a second, and then decided it was a pen and a red. What is James meant to do there. 

1 minute ago, 54 said:

The ref literally looked for 2 seconds :lol:

He didn't even look at it properly. It is unbelievable man. Ruined what was a fantastic game man. These refs need to be punished. Why has he not taken his time to look at the full replay a couple of times at least?!

2 minutes ago, 54 said:

That is actually fucking ridiculous, the ref walked over to the monitor, looked for a second, and then decided it was a pen and a red. What is James meant to do there. 

Ref is an idiot - didn't look at the whole clip.

Just now, Pata said:

Red makes no sense when it hits his leg first and is completely incidental.

He didn't even walk up to the monitor fully, and then you can see he doesn't even watch the replay all the way through! It's fucking insane!

Just now, ManDoon said:

Ruined the game, just pathetic stuff. Home refereeing if ever I’ve seen it. Just give the fucking pen, don’t send him off 

Doesn't he have to though? Handball on the line has always has been a straight red. Once he's decided it's a pen (wasn't imo) he has no choice but to follow it up with a straight red iirc. It's all or nothing. 

3 minutes ago, midds said:

Doesn't he have to though? Handball on the line has always has been a straight red. Once he's decided it's a pen (wasn't imo) he has no choice but to follow it up with a straight red iirc. It's all or nothing. 

Aye. 

I also thought the rules had changed on handball where if it prevents a goal, it’s a pen regardless of intent or not. May have made that up as the handball rule/interpretation appears to be changed on the daily since VAR came in.

Edit - quick Google makes me think I made it up.

Edited by Fantail Breeze

Even with a monitor right by the pitch for these refs to review things they still manage to ruin things. It's like he had decided he was already going to give it to play to the home crowd.

The fact they even asked for him to have another look is an indication that even the penalty wasn't certain because of the initial bounce of his leg. and then the plonker doesn't take the time to look at it properly, and not only gives a pen, but a red card too.

If it was that blatant an offence they wouldn't have asked the idiot to have a look himself. Unbelievable.

3 minutes ago, Disco said:

Deliberate handball denying a goal has been a red for eons, not sure what the issue is?

Because it wasn’t deliberate due to hitting the knee first (or at least I thought that was the interpretation now)

It has to be a 'deliberate' handball to avoid reds for obvious bounces off arms. I am kinda alone in thinking he did kinda scoop the ball with teh arm in a forward motion rather than just have it richocet off so maaaaybe makes sense as a red but it is well harsh. 

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

I thought they changed the red/penalty thing? I.e you didn’t get punished twice if you weren’t like blatantly hacking someone 

Think that's for a genuine attempt to tackle in the box as opposed to a handball on the line. Mistimed tackle is yellow and pen only, again iirc.