Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

2 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Oxlade-Chamberlain must be laughing his tits off.

Became a professional footballer, gets paid millions, only has to come on for 4 minutes each match and gets to shag Perrie from Little Mix.

Only played 30+ games in a season twice in his whole career. :lol: His medal haul vs minutes played must be as good as a sub goalkeeper.

Perrie seems canny aswell. She spent New Year’s Eve a few years back in a working men’s club near where I live to spend time with her dad who is also a singer. Thought the fact alone, she was so desperate to spend the biggest party night of the year with her dad was evidence enough that she was a good person even though she could have been living it up in one of the worlds glamour spots( L.A, New York, London etc) but she was also really great with everyone there and everyone had a good word to say about her.

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

That’s class tbh. Imagine the blokes in there like “fucking hell”

Was more the bairns I’d imagine tbh. With it being New Year’s Eve there was apparently a lot of kids in, who I’m told couldn’t quite believe who they had met.

10 hours ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Oxlade-Chamberlain must be laughing his tits off.

Became a professional footballer, gets paid millions, only has to come on for 4 minutes each match and gets to shag Perrie from Little Mix.

Only played 30+ games in a season twice in his whole career. :lol: His medal haul vs minutes played must be as good as a sub goalkeeper.

Was on his way to become an England regular and a core component of this successful Liverpool side.  Did his ACL after being brilliant in the Cl semi final against City.. missed both CL finals and has never been the same player or a regular since.  

He has his FA Cups and a league title. But he would have won more had he stayed fit.  Unlucky lad.  He has all the components to be an ideal Klopp midfielder. 

22 minutes ago, jackyboy said:

A lot of unrest flying around regarding the Man U manager and no surprise. I think he might join the ex players scrap heap of failed managers, Bruce, Robson, G Neville, P Neville

We're top of the league mate.

15 minutes ago, jackyboy said:

A lot of unrest flying around regarding the Man U manager and no surprise. I think he might join the ex players scrap heap of failed managers, Bruce, Robson, G Neville, P Neville

He's done well, better than I thought he'd do personally, steadied the ship and helped them progress but anyone that thinks they're going to progress to prem or CL winners under him is deluded af imo.

Liverpool (Klopp pressing), Citeh (Pep possession), Chelsea (sound defence strong possession game) are different leagues to what Manyoo are playing.  You could perhaps even argue Leicester tbh.  They're a glorified version of us under Bruce or Pardew; chuck them out there and hope one of the stars does something to turn the game.  There's no style or substance to the way they play whatsoever, beyond counter-attacking but that's not even done using a high press or anything progressive.  Even Bruce showed that up for 60 minutes or whatever when we played them which should really worry people.

We've had one bad result where we played over an hour with 10 men, and their winner was a horror mistake by Lingard. I would personally just relax. :lol: Horrible result, but plenty of time to rectify.

This is the year where there's full expectation though and mediocrity won't be accepted. He needs to qualify from this group, and he needs to put forth a title challenge.

Just now, Froggy said:

We've had one bad result where we played over an hour with 10 men, and their winner was a horror mistake by Lingard. I would personally just relax. :lol: Horrible result, but plenty of time to rectify.

This is the year where there's full expectation though and mediocrity won't be accepted. He needs to qualify from this group, and he needs to put forth a title challenge.

Personally wasn't referring to last night.  You spanked Leeds because they play the perfect game for Solksjaer's "style", couldn't beat Southampton though I didn't see much so won't comment, struggled badly against Wolves from what I saw, and we had your number for more than half the match before falling apart inc. two goalkeeping blunders.

It's clear to anyone watching your style isn't developing from the basic plan he had when he took over, that's the point not an isolated result with a red card.  You've added enough amazing players to beat most teams but will likely fall short when it matters for the reasons stated.

This season you should start transitioning to a possession game and try to start controlling matches the way Chelsea & MC do but he's not got the nouse or balls to do it (perhaps because it'll mean some bad results along the way).

:lol: You absolutely did not have our number. You were doing OK. We were better and deserved to win convincingly.

Wolves was tough. Robbed them. Poor team selection here.

We battered Southampton. Fred OG. Very unlucky not to win.

Obviously hammered Leeds.

8 minutes ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

This season you should start transitioning to a possession game and try to start controlling matches the way Chelsea & MC do but he's not got the nouse or balls to do it

We have an average possession of 60.2% this season. Chelsea 54.8%...

2 minutes ago, Froggy said:

:lol: You absolutely did not have our number. You were doing OK. We were better and deserved to win convincingly.

Wolves was tough. Robbed them. Poor team selection here.

We battered Southampton. Fred OG. Very unlucky not to win.

Obviously hammered Leeds.

We have an average possession of 60.2% this season. Chelsea 54.8%...

We sat deep with structure and you struggled to open us up as you do with other teams that play that way (Palace last year rings a bell).  You needed a deflection to go ahead, after which we created by far the better opportunities and could have arguably been in front, then you were gifted another from our keeper before we collapsed.  If you think you played great in that first hour I think you've got problems personally.  In the end you deserved to win convincingly yes.

I'm not delving into the possession stats in detail but you've played 3/4 shite teams in fairness and really it's what you do with it when you get it, which is why I said controlled possession.  I see a difference in how the other top teams play when they get the ball to the way you do; reminds me a bit of seeing what Benitez was trying to achieve with us vs. what had come before him.  They play with a structure, plan and intensity that you don't when you've got the ball.

Anyway I'm sure we've done this dance before and I'm sure I'm wrong and you'll be just fine :thup:

4 hours ago, jackyboy said:

The Ferguson curse 

54 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Nah, that's TAA (20 created compared to Grealish on 13)

For context, Ritchie is 4th on 12.

The class bit stands more than anything, he’s probably one of my fave players to watch at current and my boy now likes him just as much as Ronaldo an sang we’ve got Jackie Jackie Grealish on the wing when watching England last week ha ha. He’s also started singing Harry Kane gets the ball and scores a goal, told him that’s reserved my my childhood hero only, Andy Cole. 

Edited by HTT II