Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

1 minute ago, Village Idiot said:

It's weird because Anelka was still young (26-27 IIRC) but he was already in the "banished to Turkey" phase of a footballer's career.

He bounced back after that as well, had a pretty successful spell at Chelsea.

3 hours ago, Froggy said:

Campo, Hierro, Okocha, Djorkaeff and Anelka. :lol: Were they all there at the same time?

Sam Allardyce is utterly revolting, but Okocha at Bolton was absolutely fantastic for me. Loved that so much.

Also really enjoyed Kanu at Portsmouth too from a Super Eagles point of view.

13 minutes ago, joeyt said:

That would be a suicidal team surely

100%. There's not enough protection in midfield. I don't understand the hate for Fred when it's clear how much he brings to the team. Also criminal he hasn't put Rashford in there and is trying to suggest playing 36 year old Ronaldo on the wing. Pogba in a deep position has never worked for us either.

4 hours ago, Froggy said:

Campo, Hierro, Okocha, Djorkaeff and Anelka. :lol: Were they all there at the same time?

From what I can gather, 03/04 & 04/05 seasons were peak Bolton:

04/05 had:

Campo

Speed

Candela

Hierro

Ngotty

Ferdinand

Jäskelainen

Okocha

03/04 had some gems as well, sadly not present in the following peak season:

Djorkaeff

Ibrahim Ba

Mario Jardel

Javi Moreno

However, they didn't have Speed, Candela, Hierro and Ferdinand that season so It's difficult to say what season was the most Bolton out of all the Bolton seasons. 04/05 probably tips it for me.

Edited by Conjo

3 hours ago, ManDoon said:

Man I loved Okocha, such a fun player to watch. Could just do something insane out of nowhere 

I wish football coverage was what it is today back when both he and Ronaldinho were at PSG.

Can't imagine how much fun a young Okocha and Ronaldinho playing together must have been like.

4 hours ago, ManDoon said:

Man I loved Okocha, such a fun player to watch. Could just do something insane out of nowhere 

I loved his signature dribble that was also called 'Okocha' in my circles. Must have done it hundreds of times when playing with mates. :lol:

Vieira has already got Palace controlling the game so much better and looking far more dangerous going forward. 

That Palace job was not an easy one to step into either with the amount of turnover in players over the summer. Pretty impressive.

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Vieira has already got Palace controlling the game so much better and looking far more dangerous going forward. 

That Palace job was not an easy one to step into either with the amount of turnover in players over the summer. Pretty impressive.

It must be a fluke cos the best managers take at least two seasons to get the formation and team play sorted