Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

13 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Ole dangerously close to the end now. Defeat on Wednesday could seal his fate. 

He's done very well and laid an unbelievable foundation and built a great side. 

Still don't think we would go for Conte mind. 

Who do you think you will go for ?

4 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

Froggy is the only Man Utd fan who rates him.  Basically OGS's Luke Edwards.

My brother is a Man-U fan and he adores him for some bizarre reason

I think he's done well, he was a good appointment for where they were at but you watch them play and you haven't a clue what's going on

The top managers (Pep, Klopp, Tuchel) have a clear identity, Solskjaer doesn't 

Vardy man, what a player he has been, Leicester were dominant, Man Utd look as much of a shambles on and off the ball as we do. Perez come on and added pressing and quick passes and he set two goals up. Delighted for him. Man Utd have amazing players, a really strong squad, but it’s kind of like OGS is throwing players in here there and everywhere with no real plan or thought. Ronaldo was so poor. Sancho just doesn’t fit in either, if they persist with OGS he’ll end up like van de Beek but will get more game time. 

Edited by HTT II

3 minutes ago, gbandit said:

What’s the likelihood of fans turning on Ole @Froggy? The feeling in the fan base must be that his time is up right?

The general feeling now is that he's taken us as far as he is can and we're ready for the change. Most sensible fans can see the good job that he done, and we were really hopeful that he would be able to challenge with us but it's not looking at all possible. 

He brought the good feeling back around the club and progressed us from where we were under LVG and Jose, but against European managers and managers from other clubs in the top 6 he's getting tactically outclassed. He might get us close to some trophies but the squad is too good to not be challenging on all fronts. 

We will never turn on him though. We'll continue singing his name and just hope the board makes the right decision for the club. 

5 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

Froggy is the only Man Utd fan who rates him.  Basically OGS's Luke Edwards.

I mean, I would imagine I know several hundred more Man United fans than you do, and that your experience is one based on social media which is full of fucking twats. 

He has done a very good job. Most can recognise this. Unfortunately it's unlikely he's capable of winning the league with us. I don't want to make light of Leicester, as they're an excellent side, but we can't be losing 4-2 to them, especially when we needed a result. 

2 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

My brother is a Man-U fan and he adores him for some bizarre reason

I think he's done well, he was a good appointment for where they were at but you watch them play and you haven't a clue what's going on

The top managers (Pep, Klopp, Tuchel) have a clear identity, Solskjaer doesn't 

Is it really that hard to understand why Ole has the support he does? 

The rest of your post is pretty much spot on. He can't control games and keep the opposition under pressure. We were fine when we weren't expected to win the league. Now that a challenge is expected he's crumbling. It's what we feared, but calls for his head before the start of this season were pathetic. He deserved the chance. 

My opinion isn't based off social media.  I have family who are fans.  I've been to games with family and mates in the past 3 years.  All of them were dull affairs. Hell, I had a membership up until the rona hit.  Plus I post on another active football forum with a lot of Man Utd fans who have been utterly done with OGS for ages.  You're legit the only person I've seen put up a defence for him.

Edited by David Edgar