Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

5 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Is it really that hard to understand why Ole has the support he does? 

The rest of your post is pretty much spot on. He can't control games and keep the opposition under pressure. We were fine when we weren't expected to win the league. Now that a challenge is expected he's crumbling. It's what we feared, but calls for his head before the start of this season were pathetic. He deserved the chance. 

Liking Ole I totally get but as a manager I don't understand why he's adored and why he has as much support as he does

It's not even a knee jerk thing, he's shown his limitations time and time again

It's fine to thank/recognise him for what he's done up until this point but you should be calling for him to be moved on and replaced with better 

4 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

My opinion isn't based off social media.  I have family who are fans.  I've been to games with family and mates in the past 3 years.  All of them were dull affairs. Hell, I had a membership up until the rona hit.  Plus I post on another active football forum with a lot of Man Utd fans who have been utterly done with OGS for ages.  You're legit the only person I've seen put up a defence for him.

You have probably just seen me be more defensive on here because of the sheer amount of abuse he gets. I get it, it's a Newcastle fan board and its to be expected, but maybe that's why it seems like I'm the only one defending him. 

It was more hope than anything. A legend coming back to the club when it's in a bad way and taking them from 6th to the title is dream stuff. 

2 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Liking Ole I totally get but as a manager I don't understand why he's adored and why he has as much support as he does

It's not even a knee jerk thing, he's shown his limitations time and time again

It's fine to thank/recognise him for what he's done up until this point but you should be calling for him to be moved on and replaced with better 

I don't think any fan has ever adored him as a manager. :lol: just hoped he would improve more than what he did. 

Personally, I'd never demand a manager be sacked, regardless of my thoughts. I'll support him until the end and just hope the club makes the right decision. 

3 minutes ago, Froggy said:

I don't think any fan has ever adored him as a manager. :lol: just hoped he would improve more than what he did. 

Personally, I'd never demand a manager be sacked, regardless of my thoughts. I'll support him until the end and just hope the club makes the right decision. 

My brother does, which is what I was saying. When I challenge him on all the things such as way of playing, in game tactics, etc etc he just says "wait and see"

Yeah, I get that approach, I guess we are used to asking for managers to be sacked (as they tend to be absolute dogshit) 

He gets a result out of the bag which keeps it going, won't be surprised if you beat Atalanta and Liverpool but then drop points to Spurs 

How good is Chillwell as a footballer, never mind a full back and Lukaku as great as he is, he doesn’t look or feel right in this Chelsea set up/system. 

Werner makes the most amazing runs and gets into great positions, if only he could finish and Chelsea as good as they are other than under Ancelotti and Lampard for a little spell where they played nice attractive football, they have always played the same kind of functional, methodical and very boring football for me. I just didn’t enjoy watching them play at all. 

2 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

Right decision. Long may it continue. 

Tbf they were unbeaten in like 29 away games, so no mean feat, he will not get them winning major honours full stop though under him, they are the new Spurs of recent years, threatening but will always fall way short overall. Again, long may he continue…

Think Chelsea, the times i've seen them this season, are a pretty tedious watch like. Very rigid, not a lot of creativity and not a lot of goals in them. Watched them a few weeks ago against Villa and they should have gotten well beaten. Not much cop today either. Werner makes runs all day but couldn't finish if his life depended on it.

6 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Werner makes the most amazing runs and gets into great positions, if only he could finish and Chelsea as good as they are other than under Ancelotti and Lampard for a little spell where they played nice attractive football, they have always played the same kind of functional, methodical and very boring football for me. I just didn’t enjoy watching them play at all. 

Just realized you posted something similar a minute earlier :lol:

16 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I seem to remember them being quite nice under Scolari for like a month, but that is a very hazy memory :lol:

48 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Brentford deserve a point here. Should be a good 5 or 6 mins added on with this injury as well.

Should have had a Pen - Toney was on side- how come that wasn't checked by VAR?