Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

2 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Is that the one where Gerrard got a standing ovation and Given left not long after? I know I was there and it was awful, my last home match at SJP for about 5 years I think after that.

It could have been either, he ran the show in both and was subbed in both. :lol:

Man Utd we’re awful yesterday, like a Bruce NUFC team, just a mish mash of nothingness, LFC weren’t even great, but could have and should have went for a record away win. 5-0 and coasting against 10 men…

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

It could have been either, he ran the show in both and was subbed in both. :lol:

Was probably 5-0 then 6-0

Guest neesy111
1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

2-6? I don’t think we were particularly bad that day but they were quality. Toe Nibbler in particular.

2-6, 1-5. 

2 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

2-6? I don’t think we were particularly bad that day but they were quality. Toe Nibbler in particular.

Ameobi consolation. Jenas screamer. Must he about 19 years ago that

25 minutes ago, Collage said:

PFM

:lol: wow. I assume that's not from yesterday but still. If that's what they're hearing in the dressing room etc then there really is no wonder they're lightyears behind Klopp's/Tuchel's/Pep's teams. 

37 minutes ago, Collage said:

PFM

He’s cut from the same cloth as Bruce.

Build a good spirit with key members of the dressing room and a nicey nicey approach will buy you some time.

But so tactically incapable that it’ll all fall apart eventually.

Mad that everyone outside of Man Utd could see this from the day they appointed him. 

I keep seeing Rio Ferdinand’s comments after the PSG game :lol: Fuck me. As if we didn’t already know the bloke is a knacker, it’s good for a reminder.

4 hours ago, joeyt said:

What do you reckon our worst home performance ever was?

0-6 v Liverpool.

2nd 0-3 v the mackems. The first one was different, all 3 of their goals were breaks and shots from outside the box, we had the wrongly disallowed goal at 0-1. Still shit, but the 2nd 0-3 we were comprehensively outplayed by them at SJP, which is unforgiveable.

0-1 v Sheff Wed in League Cup.

Almost all home games v Leicester since they came up.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

Not sure on Newcastle's worst home performance, but the worst home performance I've seen overall is easily Brazil's 7-1 in 2014. Pretty sure David Luis was still trying to bomb forward through the centre of Germany's midfield when they were 5 down. 

The 0-6 v Liverpool was the day I started my boycott against Ashley. I've come to expect poor defending, a lack of effort or a one off general stinker, but I have never, ever seen a manager instruct his midfield to join the defence to form a ten-man shield at 0-5 down before. It was astonishing viewing.

Just now, kisearch said:

The scoreline wasn't as bad, but I actually thought the 0-3 to Sunderland was much worse that season. 

The performance was shocking, but I think it was because it was more of a shock. We come off good performances and results at home and a good performance v Benfica, and we put that in. But as I posted above, all 3 of their goals were counterattacks and shots from outside the area and we had a wrongly disallowed goal at 0-1. The 0-3 in 2013-14 was far worse imo, because the mackems dominated the game from start to finish. At SJP.

1 hour ago, Collage said:

PFM

That is shocking man :lol:

He's a proper PFM. I can't believe some managers still think like this. 

At the level of the game they are managing at the majority of the players are incredibly talented, and so you have to find the smallest margins everywhere you can, and the intricate details are often what can indeed make the difference. Also having a well thought out plan against the different opposition you play, and also well set out instructions for your players in various situations is absolutely critical.

This man is sat there talking about passion and desire. Passion and desire with no direction usually equals complete and utter chaos! No wonder he had Man Utd trying to press Liverpool so recklessly yesterday. This man is a buffoon.

Gary Neville not covering himself in glory yesterday or today on Twitter. The more he defends Ole the more he loses credibility on Man Utd opinions. He's such a hit or miss pundit, speaks well on many things but also gets far wide of the mark on others. For example, he was absolutely bang on the money on the Ashley years here and the damage that was done to NUFC, but was so wrong on Bruce, Benitez and the comparisons between the two it was beggars' belief. Bizarre. 

Edited by HaydnNUFC

3 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Gary Neville not covering himself in glory yesterday or today on Twitter. The more he defends Ole the more he loses credibility on Man Utd opinions. He's such a hit or miss pundit, speaks well on many things but also gets far wide of the mark on others. For example, he was absolutely bang on the money on the Ashley years here and the damage that was done to NUFC, but was so wrong on Bruce, Benitez and the comparisons between the two it was beggars' belief. Bizarre. 

Aye, he hit the nail on the head last week about how it’s not our fault the Saudi’s bought is and how it’s better we are at the same table as them then keeping them at arms length. He also spoke well against the ESL, but on the other hand he was firmly in agreement with Project Big Picture which would have caused more damage to English football than either our takeover or the ESL.