Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

3 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

You think they'll get rid on the back of this? I'm not so sure, getting schooled by City regardless of the result was inevitable 

Ole has a decent record against Pep. If sources are to be believed he had to get a result today. A narrow defeat he could maybe get away with, but this is a training exercise. 

I think they'll get rid if it gets much worse. 

harsh if they get rid of Ole after this. he can’t exactly turn things around overnight. he’s a nice bloke who knows the club and the local area. not to mention he hasn’t been properly backed in the transfer market.

deluded Man Utd fans expecting to win the World Cup every year ffs 

1 minute ago, Caleb70 said:

They’re shocking today like, massive gap between them and city

This btw is almost exactly almost every Arsenal under Tets game against City. Still some of our fans back him

Edited by TopSnagger

No one will ever convince me that OGS wasn't appointed based on anything other than his surname and sentiment from his playing days. His managerial ability and CV are very, very modest and he wouldn't have got so much as a second glance had he not played for Man U. 

Imo they gave him the job as a short-term plan, he got an (unexpected) reaction from the players and they've just rolled with it. Until now. Now, he's not getting the same performances out of his players and he's got nothing tactically left to give, there's precious little managerial ability there to compensate for his player's mistakes. He's simply not good enough, never was and almost certainly never will be. 

4 minutes ago, midds said:

No one will ever convince me that OGS wasn't appointed based on anything other than his surname and sentiment from his playing days. His managerial ability and CV are very, very modest and he wouldn't have got so much as a second glance had he not played for Man U. 

Imo they gave him the job as a short-term plan, he got an (unexpected) reaction from the players and they've just rolled with it. Until now. Now, he's not getting the same performances out of his players and he's got nothing tactically left to give, there's precious little managerial ability there to compensate for his player's mistakes. He's simply not good enough, never was and almost certainly never will be. 

Yet Ferguson backs him in a big way

2 minutes ago, Thomson Mouse said:

Yet Ferguson backs him in a big way

That's the other elephant in the room too. He's obviously been a superb manager and won the lot and should be respected for it. But he's been retired a long time now and I don't think that any manager will flourish while his spectre is still hanging around the place. If he still wanted some influence he shouldn't have retired. He should step away completely and let the manager manage the team. Him hanging around the gaff always puts unnecessary pressure on the current boss imo. 

Neither team breaking a sweat, humiliating for the home customers to see your team clinging on for 0-2 loss. I’d be embarrassed to be a Man Utd fan. 

Last act of a desperate man, throwing on Van De Beek. Ole’s Rivière vs Bournemouth moment. 

I think United fans are being too harsh on Ole, booing the poor guy. Think of his mental health. Guy loves the club and is doing his best. The players are not good enough. It's not like Jose or Van Gaal did better. Fergie too 10 years or so to start winning too. I say that United should keep Ole.

35 minutes ago, Ben said:

TBF if @Froggy says its time for Ole to go then it must be because he has backed him to the hilt on here for yonks

Yeah. I'm a big believer in giving a manager time, but his time is up. Still wouldn't hound a manager out mind, but I hope the club makes the decision we expect tomorrow. There's an international break, and there's still time to get the season back on track. There's no excuse for anything but a title challenge with this team.