Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

1 hour ago, huss9 said:

managers from consett, isnt he?

Big Newcastle fan. Interviewed him for work during the Pardew 5th place season and asked him what sort of player he wanted for the national team. "Coloccini. I'd love a Ben Arfa but Colo would sort out my backline"

Canada playing Mexico tonight. -8 C in Edmonton (and snow) with a win guaranteeing us a place at the World Cup for the first time since '86. Going to watch the game with a bunch of ex-86 national team members and it's wild how upbeat they are after years of us being Mexico and the U.S.'s whipping boys

36 minutes ago, woody said:

Canada playing Mexico tonight. -8 C in Edmonton (and snow) with a win guaranteeing us a place at the World Cup for the first time since '86. Going to watch the game with a bunch of ex-86 national team members and it's wild how upbeat they are after years of us being Mexico and the U.S.'s whipping boys

We will have to win at least 3 with the last 7 games (including this one) I reckon. Shall see how it goes tonight!

37 minutes ago, woody said:

Not quite yet…still 6 more matches after this one.

Hope y’all stick it to ‘em tonight.

2 hours ago, Tomato Deuce said:

Not quite yet…still 6 more matches after this one.

Hope y’all stick it to ‘em tonight.

Hahaha I was overly optimistic. Still just insane to actually experience this. I'm used to Canada getting bent over by Central American teams

That last 10 minutes took years off my life. What a huge moment for the game in Canada. Hopefully can keep this momentum and keep building through 2022. Bloody El Salvador doing none of us favours though. Panama need to start losing! Preferably Mexico keep losing too!

Hopefully Canada can do it, but it is still quite tight at the top of that table and falling into 4th place is pretty much guaranteed to send you out.

John Herdman must be getting recognised now, if he takes them to the World Cup, then surely someone will offer him a club job.

20 minutes ago, Disco said:

Said he's not really interested to The Athletic Football podcast, wants to stay for the home WC.

If he gets a Championship job or something I think he’d take it. It would be too hard to turn down.

11 hours ago, Ameritoon said:

Perfect ending :lol:

11 hours ago, toontownman said:

That last 10 minutes took years off my life. What a huge moment for the game in Canada. Hopefully can keep this momentum and keep building through 2022. Bloody El Salvador doing none of us favours though. Panama need to start losing! Preferably Mexico keep losing too!

Did some proper Italian shithousery after their goal. Loved watching an arse first snowbank celebration for our second. :lol: 

Came a bit undone defensively in the second half, but proud of the way this team has been playing through qualifying. Easily the most talented squad in my lifetime.

8 hours ago, Stifler said:

If he gets a Championship job or something I think he’d take it. It would be too hard to turn down.

He gets Canada to a world cup and he's got a job for life, basically. I think he'd be loathe to leave as he quite literally gets full control of our player and coaching development right now.