Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

4 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Lukaku coming on to save my Fantasy Football gameweek.

I think he’s a poor fit for this Chelsea team the way they are set up, their tactics, style of play and personnel. He’ll hopefully get the winner now [emoji38]

8 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Is it the rule? I thought linesman were still supposed to flag, regardless of what happens.

Plenty of times a shot hasn’t been taken and they’ve flagged when they’ve realised a chance wasn’t going to occur. 

He should've flagged. And VAR can't intervene cos no goal (I think, in PL). So if you're smart and aware enough and you realize you're offside or there was a foul you should try to win a corner/throw-in or pass back and start a new phase of play.

Edited by Inferior Acuña

Just now, Inferior Acuña said:

He should've flagged. And VAR can't intervene cos no goal. So if you're smart and aware enough and you realize you're offside or there was a foul you should try to win a corner/throw-in or pass back and start a new phase of play.

But that’s what I’m confused about, every other time when the phase of play has ended without a goal attempt, the flag has gone up?

2 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

But that’s what I’m confused about, every other time when the phase of play has ended without a goal attempt, the flag has gone up?

I think in the PL only the linesman can give offside unless it goes back to VAR for a goal or whatever. In other competitions like the CL, VAR can help with any offside, where you get those delayed-flag raises.

From PL site:

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1293321

Will it be used for all offside decisions?

No, only for one of the four match-changing situations: goals; penalty decisions; direct red-card incidents; and mistaken identity.