Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

1 minute ago, Anderson said:

Talking about Arsenal letting them score ffs, De Gea’s not even injured. Guaranteed he’s just hit the deck expecting that to go his way.

Aye

Just now, Anderson said:

Talking about Arsenal letting them score ffs, De Gea’s not even injured. Guaranteed he’s just hit the deck expecting that to go his way.

Yep. No Arsenal player fouled him, no Arsenal player was offside. His own teammate 'injured' him, and the ref shouldn't have stopped the game as it wasn't a head injury. 

Rob Green professional pundit 

"It is an incredible decision. Yes, you have head injuries that are allowed to stop the game. But this is a genuine injury. It is impossible for Manchester United to do anything to stop the goal. De Gea would have saved it. An unbelievable decision. Amazing."

1 minute ago, Dancing Brave said:

Rob Green professional pundit 

"It is an incredible decision. Yes, you have head injuries that are allowed to stop the game. But this is a genuine injury. It is impossible for Manchester United to do anything to stop the goal. De Gea would have saved it. An unbelievable decision. Amazing."

The word ‘professional’ doing some heavy lifting there 

Guest neesy111

He fucking injures himself ffs or Fred does, no way should play be stopped.

Edited by neesy111

Kind of feel like the sporting thing there might have been to give a goal back like. Not because Arsenal did anything wrong but just in the spirit of the way I like seeing the game played more than anything.

Probably the sort of thing that would be done years ago that's now just a 'fair enough' though. 

Guest neesy111
Just now, Geordie Ahmed said:

I'm baffled that is even being labelled as controversial

As clear a goal as you will see and suggestions of Arsenal giving a goal back is utterly ridiculous 

This.

Edited by neesy111

2 minutes ago, kisearch said:

Kind of feel like the sporting thing there might have been to give a goal back like. Not because Arsenal did anything wrong but just in the spirit of the way I like seeing the game played more than anything.

Probably the sort of thing that would be done years ago that's now just a 'fair enough' though. 

And next week whenever a team is under pressure, a goalkeeper will throw himself to the floor.

Maybe Man Utd should’ve, you know… blocked or stopped the shot.

1 minute ago, kisearch said:

Yeah, I do agree with the sporting and fair play element, almost like it's gentlemanly conduct and certainly something I'd love to see more of in the modern game - that Corinthian spirit. 

But it's Man Utd at Old Trafford, so fuck 'em. 

:yao:

3 minutes ago, kisearch said:

If a defender pulls up when chasing an attacker and the attacker scores, should that be pulled back or "corrrected" in the interest of fairness? Or when a goalkeeper gets floored by their own defender in a desperate attempt to stop an attacker from scoring? Where would it end? Man Utd had a player injure another of their players. Arsenal are under no moral obligation to do them a favour. It's a completely normal part of the game.